Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sticking to just lights....
Kobalt 6-volt 1000-lumen LED Battery-operated Portable Work Light.
(The one that takes 4AA batteries. Not the one that takes 6 of them.)

You'd think Kobalt (or their parent company Lowes) could come up with a shorter name. Yeah, my absolute least favorite tool brand out there because it's a made-up, in-house, Lowes brand with a blue color scheme that admittedly looks good. But likely covers a bunch of tools made by various sub-contractors for Lowes out in China. Meaning, once in awhile you actually get very good quality tools. Surprisingly good. Like their Tape-measure or their battery-operated tire-inflator.

And, sometimes you get garbage.... like their work-gloves.... that literally disintegrated on me after barely any use, mostly spent sitting in a plastic bag for about 5 years. Replaced those with a much more expensive set of Milwaukee gloves. Better in every way. No clue if this light will be decent. But for $20.oo, I won't care if I have to chuck it in the trash later on!

iacchus

Enlightened
I picked this idea up from here. @fyrstormer is banned I think, but it was a great tip that works perfect and I thank him for it.
Cheap way to make the EDCL1-T work properly on a syringe grip. W/ the gas pedal tailcaps, it works a treat.
I've been carrying this a lot more lately, sometimes even w/ the head it came with. Surefire green isn't a bother outside.
20240427_155757.jpg

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non-flashlight electronics, but since most everyone has both a car and a DMM.....

One of these. It's a purpose-made application-specific interface assy. for my eyes DMM - a test lead jig of sorts. Its intended purpose for me is to greatly facilitate efforts to isolate / troubleshoot to 'root cause' unknown, abnormal / phantom quiescent current draws in automotive electrical systems. (Edit: typo)

We'll see. At least it's from GB, and there are no references to Lucas Electric.

Last edited:

tex.proud

Enlightened
I have this Surefire EDCL2-T that I really don't like. Frankly I'm not sure why I bought it. I'm not tactical, and cold white is atrocious to me.
20240429_024958.jpg

So I'm perusing Lumens Factory even though you can't order at the moment, and find they have a tail switch that will make this light a single mode clicky. As soon as they enable ordering this will be coming my way.

In the mean time coming in the mail is a VME head from Malkoff, and M361 219B V3 from Illumn. Makin' somethin' great from somethin' not so great.

Carry On!

IMG_2766.jpeg

Got this in the mail today. I've previously handled the first generation Lumintop Antman in aluminum and it was abysmally dim. Turns out they updated the driver and boosted brightness for the titanium version. Then CountyComm announces their titanium version with Antman guts. Couldn't resist the titanium with extra knurling…

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Just bought a new Lumintop Tool AA V3 that claims 900 lumens. I have the earlier version that I like a lot so this one should be a great pocket carry. A pity that the tailcap still glows blue but I can work around that.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Just bought a new Lumintop Tool AA V3 that claims 900 lumens. I have the earlier version that I like a lot so this one should be a great pocket carry. A pity that the tailcap still glows blue but I can work around that.
It's really easy to disassemble that tailcap and pop that led out. I've done it to a couple Tool AAs I have. Leaves the circuit open so no parasitic drain. Or you can order a magnetic tailcap. That makes it operate by twisting the head though.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Tex thank you. I'll give it a go. Not so keen on the magnetic tailcap though. I like to use a lanyard where possible and that does not work with the magnetic tc.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Ps - I had a Surefire E1b defender years ago but I kept on dropping it. Where possible I keep the clip and lanyards to prevent this. On my smaller flashlight I use the Olight lanyard. On the bigger ones I use bigger lanyards.

Whistler24

Newly Enlightened
Got this Malkoff MDC V2 head and unshrouded cr123 body in today, went with the 4000k this time. My usual carry is the E1B body with the same head but in 5700k. Just seeing how I like the smaller Malkoff body and the warmer tint, will consider the crenulated bezel but the cost of was pushing me away a bit. Anyone have any experience with the SS bezels from malkoff? Excited to check it out tonight when it gets dark

PXL_20240502_193318131.jpg

PXL_20240502_193436767.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240502_193455028.jpg
    PXL_20240502_193455028.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 6

iacchus

Enlightened
Got this Malkoff MDC V2 head and unshrouded cr123 body in today, went with the 4000k this time. My usual carry is the E1B body with the same head but in 5700k. Just seeing how I like the smaller Malkoff body and the warmer tint, will consider the crenulated bezel but the cost of was pushing me away a bit. Anyone have any experience with the SS bezels from malkoff? Excited to check it out tonight when it gets dark

View attachment 61493

View attachment 61494
Nice pickup. I like the warmer tints in those quite a bit.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Headstrap for my Sidewinder Compact, BlackHawk Night Ops Gladius Flashlight Holster to carry my MD2, Inova Microlight red
I currently have a Rovyvon E4 pro titanium in transit though it is being sent to me in exchange for a light I agreed to trade with another member and I also ordered the acebeam E70 copper for me to add some beautiful copper to the collection after getting the titanium version.

iacchus

Enlightened
Nice! I have the VME for a EDCL2-T body with a switch on the way from Lumens Factory that makes it a forward McClicky. I just don't like that gas pedal switch.
Yeah, it's a love it or hate it sorta thing for sure. With this setup, it's almost always momentary use anyway, just peering into dark corners a few seconds at a time, so a specific use case and it works for that fine.
Anything more sustained and it would be a total pain in the *** though.

I do love it as Surefire intended, I just can't go too long with that patented SF tint before I get sick of it. Wish I could find a 2 mode head that worked w/ the gas pedal that had a decent tint.