Do you use the Mini-Maglite butt cap lanyard hole?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wyoming.... Last great open Frontier in America.
(Seriously, population per acre is staggeringly small. Any city remotely near Colorado is considered a satellite city of that state.)
Few folks live in Wyoming bc Winters are a mutha.. Snow flying sideways for days.. Hunting is good tho,, if you survive the Winters!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Good Lord... Nonsense like that is why I'm glad to live in the USA, although there are places in the USA that embody that same, tyrannical mentality...mainly on the East and Left coasts.
Citizens of Australia once enjoyed similar liberties to their US contemporaries however a "Bill of Rights" was deemed by our Government during Federation in 1901 as potentially too restrictive on Governance.

Lanyards on the other hand are completely legal and accepted worldwide, would lanyards constructed from paracord be considered tactical? 🤣

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Citizens of Australia once enjoyed similar liberties to their US contemporaries however a "Bill of Rights" was deemed by our Government during Federation in 1901 as potentially too restrictive on Governance.

Lanyards on the other hand are completely legal and accepted worldwide, would lanyards constructed from paracord be considered tactical? 🤣
Oh! Absolutely! You have to label everything "Tactical" these days! That's where the money is!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never used a lanyard on a flashlight, but it's nice to know the option is there. I'm sure people would complain if they got rid of it. Now if we can just get HDS to make a decent pocket clip standard on the Rotary...

swampgator

Enlightened
Back in my army days I carried a red lensed mini Mag with a Paracord wrapped ALICE clip on the body clipped to my LBE shoulder strap.
I dummy corded it to the metal loop using the lanyard hole on the light.
Probably redundant given it was clipped the the nylon strap but it was added protection should the the ALICE clip have failed.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Few folks live in Wyoming bc Winters are a mutha.. Snow flying sideways for days.. Hunting is good tho,, if you survive the Winters!
There's a few other reasons as well. Mostly having to do with historical circumstances and reasons as to why neighboring Colorado has enjoyed staggering population growth every year, since it became a state. If Colorado literally didn't exist, Wyoming would be packed with people and major cities. That sweet country livin' in Wyoming is all thanks to City Slickers moving to Colorado instead, so they can live in cities while still enjoying a bit of Nature occasionally.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I feel obligated to point out of you speed read this thread title is says "Do you use the butt hole?"
Doh!!

My buddy from Pittsburg, Dave "club" Sandwich just sent me a 1990 nip minimag. It's still amazing to me to think how bright they must've seemed to the wack-a-palm flashlight market back then. And a kubatan device? Whuh? Bonus; spare bulb in the tailcap woohoo!!

My '96 model always had a wrist strap but for some reason I have no desire to add one to the 1990 one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Doh!!

My buddy from Pittsburg, Dave "club" Sandwich just sent me a 1990 nip minimag. It's still amazing to me to think how bright they must've seemed to the wack-a-palm flashlight market back then. And a kubatan device? Whuh? Bonus; spare bulb in the tailcap woohoo!!

My '96 model always had a wrist strap but for some reason I have no desire to add one to the 1990 one.
Maglite will never admit it, but yes; the 2AA Mini-Mag was originally created as a street-legal Kubaton. It just happened to be the best EDC flashlight when it was released and for many years to come. Became so popular with the masses that Maglite decided any self-defense connotation would hurt sales if governments started restricting or outright banning sales due to it being a "weapon."

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite will never admit it, but yes; the 2AA Mini-Mag was originally created as a street-legal Kubaton. It just happened to be the best EDC flashlight when it was released and for many years to come. Became so popular with the masses that Maglite decided any self-defense connotation would hurt sales if governments started restricting or outright banning sales due to it being a "weapon."
Now that I did not know!
:lovecpf: