Mini maglite

lastkoenig

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen a mini maglite not led. When I put new batteries in it this time it flashed ...---... ...---...
...---...
which is morse code for sos.
I made a video of it incase no one believed me. Not only once but did it twice. Won't do it anymore

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If you turn it back on and it does it again, try turning it off then back on quickly. If that doesn't work contact maglite customer service.

On an LED version sos is the last mode. I've never heard of a non LED version having any modes except on mode and off mode.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like maybe it was a rare transition light, when they were engineering the electronics for the LED version but putting incan bulbs in it. That just might be a super rare flashlight!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey @lastkoenig that certainly looks like a perfectly good LED Mini Maglite. The thing in your video is WAY brighter than any non-LED Maglite.

If you can take a picture of the thing in the center of the reflector that is emitting the light, that will clinch it. Also, what's written on the ring that you unscrewed to take that picture?

The Mini Maglite that is "not LED" has a little removable bulb about the size of a rice krispie with two metal pins that let you stick it into the light. Does yours have a bulb you can take out?

lastkoenig

Newly Enlightened
Hey @lastkoenig that certainly looks like a perfectly good LED Mini Maglite. The thing in your video is WAY brighter than any non-LED Maglite.

If you can take a picture of the thing in the center of the reflector that is emitting the light, that will clinch it. Also, what's written on the ring that you unscrewed to take that picture?

The Mini Maglite that is "not LED" has a little removable bulb about the size of a rice krispie with two metal pins that let you stick it into the light. Does yours have a bulb you can take out?
Yes it's a bulb but it's a halogen bulb