What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

Bert Reynolds

Newly Enlightened
Kinda sad that a LEO would use a cheap piece-o-crap as his weapon-light, on a quality AR. Just sayin'....
Well this may come as a shock to many of you....most LEOs are not "gun guys" or "flashlightophiles". Most of them use either whats issued or they find something they like and use it. As they progress in their careers they learn by doing/making mistakes. I learned early on. I had always been a hunter so guns were a thing for me. I like shooting sports and I was well educated as an enthusiast. The first time I saw an coworker carrying a $150-$200 knife, I thought that was insane. I showed him the gas station Fakerco I had and said it was just fine. He took my knife, opened it and put the blade halfway into an open filing cabinet drawer. He slammed the drawer shut and broke the blade in half. He gave me his knife so that I could do the same. I tried. It scratched it, and the drawer had a "bite" in it. I was impressed. He gave me that knife and gave me the buy once, cry once speech. Mind you this was before the internets were what they are now. Case in point, my Streamlight SL20x is from 2004? I still use it and I finally found someone here that had a Malkoff Drop in so that I could update it. I still carry that light and the yougins laugh at me or call it my "Molly Whopper".

Side bar....if any one has another Malkoff for the SL20 hit me up!

RoyJ

Enlightened
In my city cars, random aaa/aa EDCs. Don't use a light much.

I do a lot of overlanding, few days to few weeks deep in BC bush country. In my bush truck or Jeep:

- fenix pd41 or ML150 Mag for daily use, nothing fancy, just need some throw
- 6D with Malkoff dropin. Doubles as defense against smaller animals (45-70 and bear spray for big ones)
- TN42 for searching lost drunk buddies at night, lol

Recently ordered an MS32. Not for fun, but need it to search for good camp spots at night. Sometimes we arrive into the bush quite late, and want to scan for a good scenic spot worth setting camp for next few days.

Need a huge flooder to light up a mountain valley. The TN42 is too focused, and I have to mentally piece together what I saw. Light bar on truck is useless, as I can't pivot a big truck around just to scan a potential site. Hopefully the MS32 can give me an accurate picture of the view I'll be expecting once the run rises.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always in the truck is a little 1xAA L3 Illumination L10 in an olive color.
But during camping season, in addition, it's anyone's guess. But usually, it's my JetBeam T4 Pro.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently I have the Imalent dx80, acebeam e10 and an Olight baton 3 in my personal vehicle. Theirs also a bag of lights that just didn't feel right for work that I got to put back on the shelf but procrastination is strong lately ;)