What lights are on your radar in {2024}?

Buff

Enlightened
Exactly. Wife got this pos for a secret santa gift and it got me thinking and down the rabbit hole i went.
IMG_5345.jpeg

It's some no name garbage but would do the job in a pinch. The light makes a square on the wall lol.
Best thing about it is the case.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell your family and friends to just gift you money, so you can buy the thing you want, not what they think you will like, but actually despise. I have a family member that is really bad at buying presents, buying me stuff that he would use, but not what I want.

Buff

Enlightened
Tell your family and friends to just gift you money, so you can buy the thing you want, not what they think you will like, but actually despise. I have a family member that is really bad at buying presents, buying me stuff that he would use, but not what I want.
My B-Day Friday and i always say i want nothing because all year i buy stuff i want or need. So yea usually ask for money or in a pinch a box of ammo.
Well that's back when it was $10 a box. Not so much anymore.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait 'til it's released / shipping and you likely won't need to speculate. To their credit, Fenix is pretty good about supplying an output/time graph in their docs (as you likely know). It's a shame all manufacturers can't step up to that standard. It ain't that dang difficult to do, so IMO there's no valid excuse for not doing it.
It's true Fenix usually output runtime graphs, though I don't think over the years it's been consistently done for all their lights.

Luckily, some independent reviewers do and in the past they clearly showed how the quoted runtimes were achieved through dropdowns on all outut levels. The runtimes of the new headlamps are consistent with other Fenix headlamps with such dropdowns. And on a flashlight forum, I speculate on new flashlights and headlamps as much as I like.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There are actually 2 on my radar but I may let them pass by for now. Both US built lights.
1) is the Razor by Bright Star (now called KBS).
A work light. Nothing fancy, just a spot beam up front, a flooder on the side or both.

IMG_3043.jpeg

The combo of light shown

IMG_3044.jpeg

The clip is magnetic and there's one on the tail end.

2) the other light is made by Princeton Tec and is called League 420 water proof. It's on my radar for its unique shape and thrower beam.

IMG_3040.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

A unique shape makes it a great work light

IMG_3042.jpeg

I like the switch too.
Momentary or locking on/off.

Both are pricey compared to any oriental made competitors but both come from good old American know how.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I promised myself I'd stop buying flashlights I didn't need until I got a good headlight. Either a Perun 2 mini or an ho4rc. And this morning I bought a convoy s6 with w2 and 8a buck driver, screw on clip, and blue lighted button

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might try the Streamlight Strion 2020 once they've been circulating for a while. Other than that, dunno. The lights I usually look for aren't exactly new. Most recent purchase was made by a few dudes in Fairfield NJ around 1973. Bet they didn't think they'd be making LED flashlights 50 years later.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing out there interests me anymore than what I've already have or tried out. Patiently waiting on HDS or Malkoff to produce some completely new lights geared towards EDC carry

JohnTz

Enlightened
I might break down and pick up an HDS rotary finally.
My Ra clicky from 2010 has been absolutely bombproof and still going strong, but I'm getting an itch. This might be the year.
Love the RA lights. My Ra Twisty lost its low but otherwise bulletproof for 13 years. I am sending it back for them to repair it. HDS is taking care of it. Great service!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, everything on the radar has been obliterated already. Time to scan for the stragglers.