What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mid thirties.

Attachments

• FB737FC7-E97F-4C68-9807-1225C24B082C.jpeg
    FB737FC7-E97F-4C68-9807-1225C24B082C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently this:

d9cehyp.jpg
and this headlamp:

xFIXO9n.jpg

Chainsaw

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious what flashlight folks are keeping in their vehicles. I'm undecided what to keep in mine, so curious what you keep in yours and why.
P20uv v2, also a olight warrior mini 3. Both have immediate strobe. Thrunite (forgot model; tiny magnetic) for underhood. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In my truck a 2D Maglite, Elzetta Bones, Coast HP7, 2 cell Maglite ML25, aaa minimag, Maglite ML150 shorty, a QwikLite, and probably others I've stashed and forgotten about......and whatever lights are in my pockets. Edit: a Streamlight double clutch and a Coast something or other headlamp also stay in my truck. The Streamlight stays on my night work hard hat. The Coast is a backup. End edit.

The wife has a 2aa Dorcy converted to LED with ultimate lithiums, a Streamlight KeyMate and PKDL PL2. Edit: I stuck a Streamlight Scorpion LED in the wife's car this morning. End edit.

My 04 Lexus GS 300 has a Nebo that plugs to the cigarette lighter to charge it. Again, plus whatever is in my pockets, but it only gets driven in daylight in good weather. It mostly stays under a car cover.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my truck a 2D Maglite, Elzetta Bones, Coast HP7, 2 cell Maglite ML25, aaa minimag, Maglite ML150 shorty, a QwikLite, and probably others I've stashed and forgotten about......and whatever lights are in my pockets.

The wife has a 2aa Dorcy converted to LED with ultimate lithiums, a Streamlight KeyMate and PKDL PL2.

My 04 Lexus GS 300 has a Nebo that plugs to the cigarette lighter to charge it. Again, plus whatever is in my pockets, but it only gets driven in daylight in good weather. It mostly stays under a car cover.

😀 bykfixer, unless your wife drives the truck, I think you need to "spread the wealth around" with her, as far as lights go. That's quite an impressive assembly of lights you keep onboard.:lovecpf:

crushin

Newly Enlightened
I like a cr123 light, as I can keep extra cells in the car and not have to worry about them. I go back and forth from a mod Surefire 3PD and an Elzetta Bravo with a M60F. The bigger question is what do you want to prepare for?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire dual mode Fury, which runs on CR123's and a Nebo Lil'Larry worklight which has 3 x Lithium AAA's.

The Lil' Larry is an excellent work light with a magnetic tail which makes it easy to illuminate a wheel change etc, it has two white light modes and a flashing red warning mode.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I keep a rayovac 2AA virtually indestructible inserted into a traffic wand, in a vinyl bag clipped to the ash tray. It is readily available to assist in directing traffic away from an incident.

In the same bag, I now keep one of those $10 18650 rechargeable Rayovacs (obtainable at Walmart) I consider it a emergency giveaway light. I keep meaning to get a red diffuser cone for it too.

In my glove compartment, I have a cheap $2 coin cell headlamp, and a DQG 18650 twisty. There may be another headlamp in there.

In my trunk I have a 2D cell, probably Dorcy with a traffic wand, and an Energizer 2AA headlamp. There's probably a Convoy S2+ in there, and possibly an 18 inch 2D traffic wand. My trunk is such a mess, and really need to clean it out.

1686651872352.png

1686651900497.png

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Maglite ML50L clipped to my center console using Maglite mounting brackets. It comes in very handy while camping or during those stops at night. I'll see if I can dig up a picture later.