Whats it gots in its pocketses today?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knife with the mark of 2011, Case 31048, received it a month ago. I've been using it all the time lately. Knife and pen are stored in the outside pocket of the brown bag, pencil in the small bag on the right (which is also in the brown bag), flashlights in the pockets on clips. I mostly use a pencil, a pen is only for documents or where a pencil doesn't write well

Attachments

• IMG_8896.JPG
    IMG_8896.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8897.JPG
    IMG_8897.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 27

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I'm not a knife guy, nor am I really a flashlight guy, I suppose. But If I'm dressed, I have this. None of it is pretty, but all of it is useful, at least to me.

Key fob for car, thumb drive, Fenix UC02 backup flashlight, house and garage keys, all on a loop of string and a bitty lanyard on the UC02 in case it's needed for detached use.

Leatherman Crater, no extra tools on it, darn it. I've carried some kind of pocket knife since elementary school, but it's only relatively recently I've grown to appreciate the convenience of a one-hand opening knife. The progression was roughly a Scout pattern up to my University days, then for many years a SAK while I was working at the mill, then a tiny lumberyard multitool while working in a consulting office, then the Squirt, and finally adding the Crater when I decided the Squirt blade was a little delicate for some of the things I wanted to to.

RovyVon A3Pro replaced former Fenix LD02 (old style) because *more power*. Now 2+ years of every day use and quite happy with it. Throw away the lanyards that come with pocket lights and replace them with some good nylon cord. Stupid little plastic pen bought on my travels and now it's an indispensable item. Ancient Leatherman Squirt (it used to be blue), now they don't make them any more because they want to sell you some $200 item instead. All clipped together with a NiteIze clip and bits of nylon cord. ( If Victorinox would only make a Squirt-size version of the Swisstool, I'd click "Add to cart" as soon as it popped up on my screen.)

Coil-bound notebook from Princess Auto, invaluable to supplement my poor memory.

And one of the dumbest flip phones currently in use, but even so it's got camera, calculator, and video recorder...though I mostly make phone calls with it.

Wrist watch (not shown) is a Casio solar/radio controlled - I don't know what could happen that would stop this watch but still leave me with a usable left arm. Never needs batteries, never needs setting, alway within a fraction of a second of the correct time.

Also not shown - hankie, backup clean hankie for loaning out, N95 mask, comb, usually a bit of paper towel, and a couple of feet of paracord useful for practicing knots or tying back a door you need to keep open, etc. Oh, and a wallet...where I keep cash, cards(including a list of phone numbers in case my phone dies or goes missing) a couple of bandaids, some ASA tablets (80 mg), and some SAK tweezers that I can't figure out how to attach to the Squirt.

Now, if I had something specific in mind I need to do, I'll tool up for it. But this is enough for a typical day around the house or expediteion to the grocery. All this junk gets used every day.

The only drawback to being retired is that you can't use "But I can use this on a site visit!" as an excuse for more gear.

pocket_carry.jpg

iacchus

Enlightened
Next time I'm at Walmart I'm gonna buy a Timex, I'm always checking them out but never purchased
They're a great robust knockaraound watch. Once I got over my "automatics-only" snobbery I really came around. It's nice not having to worry about the movement when hammering away at something, and for ~$35 or so if I bash it too hard and smoke comes out I'm not too terribly upset.

The only complaint I have about this model is the date window is a bit smaller than I'd prefer. Not a huge deal.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 61746

LG Seb 21
Malk M361 219b V3
Timex/C&L Port wallet/RF Hank.

I could live with only this. Hell, that was my only knife for about a decade, and has seen all sorts of hell. Still runs like a top though.
What are your thoughts on the CF version of the Seb? I have a small plain Jane, but am considering a CF version. Any advantages or disadvantages?

iacchus

Enlightened
What are your thoughts on the CF version of the Seb? I have a small plain Jane, but am considering a CF version. Any advantages or disadvantages?
When you first hold it, it feels more fragile. After years and years of beating on mine, I can tell you it is not. It is every bit as robust, just significantly lighter.
It did take me a bit to get used to, being way more familiar with the traditional Ti slabsides.
You don't get that famed patina/aged look though. CF just kinda wears in just a touch and stays there. I've cut shingles, drywall, through tire sidewall and radiator hoses. I treated this knife as a working tool for everything you might need a knife for for years and years, it looks as you see there.

If you like the look, go for it. You don't give up anything but weight, really.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you first hold it, it feels more fragile. After years and years of beating on mine, I can tell you it is not. It is every bit as robust, just significantly lighter.
It did take me a bit to get used to, being way more familiar with the traditional Ti slabsides.
You don't get that famed patina/aged look though. CF just kinda wears in just a touch and stays there. I've cut shingles, drywall, through tire sidewall and radiator hoses. I treated this knife as a working tool for everything you might need a knife for for years and years, it looks as you see there.

If you like the look, go for it. You don't give up anything but weight, really.
Thanks! The small Seb is already pretty light. I think I'll stick with the regular Ti version.

iacchus

Enlightened
They are junk nowadays unfortunately.
My Expedition is of recent manufacture and I see absolutely nothing to support this. Quality is good, zero problems with fit and finish or timekeeping.
Also, doesn't have the obnoxiously loud tick that many complain of.

I would not hesitate for a minute to pick up another if the styling struck me.