legal clarity outdoor laser useage

King Of Dreams

Newly Enlightened
some very good info there, it should help clear p some misconceptions. especially on this forum.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Just FYI ... if you are alluding to our relatively strict policies about lasers and discussions about them on CPF ... those policies will not change. They are on the side of caution and common sense.

And ... in those quoted threads ... just opinions. We hear plenty of them, and different ones at that, depending on the source.
A quote from the first thread:

If you use lasers in an outdoor environment in the U.S., and the laser beam enters navigable airspace, then you are required by federal law to report such activity and receive a letter from the Federal Aviation Administration that does not object to such activity.

bernhard

King Of Dreams

Newly Enlightened
Kiessling said:
Just FYI ... if you are alluding to our relatively strict policies about lasers and discussions about them on CPF ... those policies will not change. They are on the side of caution and common sense.

And ... in those quoted threads ... just opinions. We hear plenty of them, and different ones at that, depending on the source.
A quote from the first thread:

bernhard

yes i was alluding to this forum's policies and i completely understand them, it's better to be safe than sorry, and i in no way expect them to change. and not all of the things mentioned in those threads were just opinions, if you notice there were a lot of contradicting laws which mean alot of grey areas. untill i hear a 100% black and white rule which states what lasers are legal and what you can do with them are legal, im going to contuinue to purchase class 3b lasers and use common sense when using them.