cant get head off my laser

zarathaz

Newly Enlightened
im havin trouble getting the head off my laser to pot mod it, ive tried pliars and a few other things, i cant find a pic of one like mine but it isnt like some i've seen where theres only a 1/4th inch of stuff to grab onto, mine has a inch of metal to grab onto to pull it off.. anyone have any suggestions?

zarathaz

Newly Enlightened
found a pic
pic.php

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
Uh yea you cant get this head off with out damaging it, so I dont think you wanna do this.The only way I got mines off was with a set of those bent pliers.I put one side of the pliers inside the hole without touching the lens, and the other side outside and I pulled and twisted then it finally came off.Just to let you know tho it aint worth taking it off because the best mods for these are pulling the APC wires.I had about 40 of these lasers I potmodded and pulled the APC on all of them.The pot mod only works on a few for some reason but the APC makes a difference for all.But the brightest I ever had out of the 40 that I had was 25mW's after the mods.So in other words you just have to get lucky =).Hope this helps.LATER!