Idiot aims laser at opponent at political rally

N8YWF

Newly Enlightened
I don't believe a word that the politicions field director says. He is just being a attention whore trying to use the lasers to get attention since the media has been running alot of BS stories about lasers.

As for his claims of pain in his eyes. Don't our eyes fail to to have the nerves to feel pain? Kinda like when someone damages their eyes with a IR laser and never saw the beam or felt it?

He is just mad that someone pointed a laser at his camera lense so he couldn't film them.

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
They said the laser was pointed at a video camera, not at any one's eyes. Well, last time I checked, video cameras were often held at eye level, right? And being a human holding the laser, i bet it went past some one's eyes briefly. But to go from there and say he felt pain for a couple of hours, I think he's exagerating a bit. He might have felt "pain" or discomfort of some sort, though, but not for hours. That is, unless it was a class IIIb laser, which I doubt.

So yeah, this smells like a publicity stunt:awman:

BTW, politicians are the same every where in the world, so don't think you're lucky to have yours the way they are :lolsign:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
And...

A good camera-man has his camera set at manual focus, to prevent anything from bringing it out of focus !!

Regards,

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, i agree, this is a left wing conspiracy to bash laser pointers. what these liberals did to the gun owners are now setting their sights on laser owners.
sounds ludicrous now, but enough negative press, this can happen!

N8YWF

Newly Enlightened
senecaripple said:
yup, i agree, this is a left wing conspiracy to bash laser pointers. what these liberals did to the gun owners are now setting their sights on laser owners.
sounds ludicrous now, but enough negative press, this can happen!

They got smart and and quit their gun grabbing talk then they got their arses handed to them by the voters. I bet their new war crys will be "we have to get those dangerous assault/hand lasers off the street". "Think of the children". "Only police and the military should be trusted to have lasers". "We need laser registration and a 7 day waiting period"

As for only police being trusted to have lasers. We know how they are the only ones professional enough to carry a Glock "Fotie". :laughing:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com//graphics/movies/deaagentfoot.wmv

EDIT:

Who knows. This might end up being a real organization some day.
http://www.nglpa.org

Last edited:

Madz

Enlightened
I would like to see the day when terrorists are hiding in bushes trying to blind landing pilots with lasers. They take anything they can and make it a weapon so the media will freak out about it. Whats next? "You can't drive cars anymore because terrorists might use them for carbombs." "You can't own books anymore because terrorists might plant bad ideas in them."

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
If it was a publicity stunt, they need to fire their PR guy. There's no excuse for such childish behavior.

Perhaps the words publicity stunt wer not correctly used by me. I was not actually thinking the whole thing was planned by someone. I think this incident happend out of sheer stupidity from some guy, and the other guys just seized the opportunity to change this into a media circus in their favor.

Forgive any missunderstandings. Some times the subtleties of the english language are lost on me :lolsign:

Also, if it was actually a publicity stunt, then there's a mole inside the republican party :grin2:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
jkaiser3000 said:
Perhaps the words publicity stunt wer not correctly used by me. I was not actually thinking the whole thing was planned by someone. I think this incident happend out of sheer stupidity from some guy, and the other guys just seized the opportunity to change this into a media circus in their favor.

Forgive any missunderstandings. Some times the subtleties of the english language are lost on me :lolsign:

Actually I think it was my misunderstanding. You got it right. :eek:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you want the "REAL" facts you need to go the source, get both sides, then decide. the media is the last place for accurate reporting. afterall they need the readership/circulation. sensatializing their reports is akin to selling their wares. politicians do the same thing. advertizers, manufacturers are guity as well!
primary source, not secondary source!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Pleqse do not turn this thread into a political discussion that is too far off-topic and bound to go downhill quickly. Thanx.
bernhard