see what happens...150mw from spymodex on E-spank

Status
Not open for further replies.

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
Damn, I have been reading and reading and reading the forum for two weeks and never saw any thread on Spymodex until now. The site seemed legit and guy had positive feedback. He has a meter for sale on site and supposedly uses it. I wrote about wholesale in US so hopefully didnt send less than 150. To be Moron or not to be Moron. We will find out. Please dont dig into me, I will let everyone know,majority of people on here seem cool. Hey if I had to take one for the team, so be it, at leastwe will get some answers right? Italked to Jack, but you know how patience can be when there is money in pocket. I got my bid at approx $330 USD shipped. Damn paypal *******s got a different exchange rate then yahoo finance, was supposed to be $320. I did notice the thread an hour ago that i somehow missed before, the seller uses a different name. probably not good.

One more thing, I noticed someone commented on other thread that for money saved can go through CNI, anybody comment on what about 10 100mw go for in comparison or say 30 30mw?

also comments on 1.5w diode appreciated

Athoul

Enlightened
A 1.5W diode in a pen style unit? If that is accurate then it must heat up like crasy... Certain things seem rather odd, one the pump diode power in a pointer and the ~2hour operating time, which is the same as duration as a 500mW pump diode. Though I'd have to actually have a unit to know for certain.

btcomm

Newly Enlightened
I am really curious to find out if this really is what is being advertised. Seems like most people say something that powerful can't be in pen form.

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
:popcorn: hopefull it will get here saturday??? that damn royalmail site does not have estamated time delivery overseas. taking that he never aswered back ,got a feeling he used airmail without airsure the greedy *******! that means 20USD handling fees going by my estimation. All I get is "your package is with our overseas mail department" well where is it??dont take 2 days to fly across atlantic! the best one though,:rant: to Email customer service you need to be in the UK!! I wrote 3 pages of bitching for nothing! Someone in UK needs to let them know they need a estimated airmail time chart, amongst all their other elobarate BS:xyxgun:

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
:ohgeez: damn did i jump too soon! i looked at what his last 150s sold for. the guy that i just bid out ended up getting one for $20 less:mad: two days later, then someone a couple days ago got one for $50 less:rant: the odd thing is that the person for 50 less allerady gave feedback.. wish i knew how to find out where they live..how did it get so quick to that person..or was it a (damn whats the name for it! bidder. you know when your at an auction and they put someone in their to raise the bid..ive had that tried on me before and they didnt get me to budge heheh. Now they are at a buy it now price of 183 american, and still charging the ripoff rate of30 american shipping. Lesson about paypal... what i figured by yahoo for total price was less than what paypal did..ba&*ards charge 1.5 to 2% over exchange rate..watch em. Anyway i paid 15 dollars more than the buy it now. I think we will have to wait until at least monday guys. I doubt signature mail will come on saturday.

As far as the guy that said somethin about testing, I allready mentioned iwont be able to do that unless there is someone in Portland OR area, or atleast until the initial thrillis over

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
That's the gamble of eBay. I got my 100mW green dpss on eBay for $192 shipped. The seller usually has two on there at a time. The one after me went for $180 or something but the next few went for over $200. A week after I saw someone get one for $150... :awman: I think if you call the dealer he will sell one for $250 off eBay.

eBay is on of life's contradictions... Some times you got to love it, and some times it Fin' sux... :grin2: OT... I just got 2 AMD Opteron 148 CPUs from eBay. I overclock computers while watching my laser show... :drool: One is used and one is a new OEM. I got them both for <$100 shipped... They sell new for $200+... but I can't find a decent priced blue dpss... :rant: :bumpit:

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
ohh jeez..i havent got laser yet but look what i wrote to him and got wrote back...

I am hoping it will show up today. On your site you say you test. Is this positively all 532 and not IR. This is 150mw average of 532nm leaving the laser correct? or am i going to need YAG gogles that cover the IR spectrum? I asked before and I am asking again so i can get some goggles, preferably just 532,as they are less expensive.

REPLY.......
Hi.
No need for goggles and of course never look directly into the beam.
Regards

this of course is what I wrote back:
if it is 150mw i should need goggles! A reflection of 150mw 532nm can cause damage. I am asking you if you are positive this isnt IR energy you are measuring to get the 150mw rating. Do you check for residual IR or not? My question was whether a 532 range goggle was sufficientor if I might need YAG which covers the 880 IR spectrum.

Well this guy definitely allready doenst know muchon these....I thought I was laser illiterate

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Telling someone they don't need goggles for 150mW is worse than telling someone they don't need a helmet on a motorcycle or ATV. That reply is pretty worrisome indeed!

BTW: 500th post! :party:

wells05

Newly Enlightened
I read elsewhere that the spymodex lasers DO NOT have an IR filter. I can't confirm this as I don't own one, but I would think you might want to look into this a bit further. :cool:

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
wells05 said:
I read elsewhere that the spymodex lasers DO NOT have an IR filter. I can't confirm this as I don't own one, but I would think you might want to look into this a bit further. :cool:
Please! Please share this thread with me and everyone! I have not got a response to what i wrote above from them. It did not come today..starting to **** me off, I want to work out at gym on my broken body and it takes time moving around on crutches so dont like to be there on primetime. Longstory short..its the same time the mail should arrive, so here i sit.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
livetofall ... your language is completely inacceptable on this forum. CPF is a family forum and where the Golden Rule and common sense as well as respect are important. This includes polite writing.
As this thread pollutes the forum I will close it.
Feel free to start another one once you feel prepared to do so.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.