Help needed ...

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Hey there,

as probably one of the few women in this forum i need some advice :)

My husband is crazy about flashlights...and i wanted to get him a head-lamp cause he loves to go jogging and since winter is coming soon and it gets dark early.....I found some at ebay but I dont know if those are really good... So guys...please help me out here :)

This is the link( sorry, but it's in german, hehe)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200020516879&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:DE:1

and there is also another one which is quite similar:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200020516959&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010</IMG>

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to help you, but I don;t speak german, and dont recognise those lights :candle:

www.flashlightreviews.com has great reviews on light you can usually order worldwide, and theres a british site also which is real good but I forgot the name (someone will chip in with it in a minute)

this light looks like a great headlamp, I've been very happy with my past streamlight headlamps.

There arent too many girls here, but our wise and powerful leader, Sasha, has been rumored to be female.

welcome!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked with your husband to see if he would use a headlamp? He might not like the idea of wearing a headlamp; a person can easily look like some sort of geek-nerd walking/running around city streets with a headlamp on their head.

Glühbirnchen said:
My husband is crazy about flashlights...and i wanted to get him a head-lamp cause he loves to go jogging and since winter is coming soon and it gets dark early.....I found some at ebay but I dont know if those are really good... So guys...please help me out here :)

vic303

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
I would HIGHLY recommend this headlight from AmondoTech. I liked it so much that I'm planning on buying a few more soon.

I've got two of these headlamps and they are nice. Perhaps a mite heavy for jogging in, but for less 'bouncy ' activities they are very good. If jogging with the headlamp is a priority, I would think Petzl Tikka and its variants would be good.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Glimmbirne ... don't buy a LED Lenser, there are way better products out there!
Trust me, I have bouht tons of them and only a handful were worth the effort from nowaday's perspective.

As already mentioned, PrincetonTec, Petzl and Streamlight do make good headlamps. Look there.

Think about wether you want LED or incandescent (Glimmbirnen :D ), and wether different brightness modes are important to you. Then there is weight, battery type and runtime to consider ... and of course, brightness. You will need to make compromises.
But either way, with those companies you cannot reall go wrong.

Price is anothe rfactor of course.

If you can be more specific about the above factors, we can help more.

bernie

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Bernie:)

This thread is duplicated, I postet my opinion in the other one.
Perhaps you can close the other one and move my post?

Thanks and best regards

____
Tom

schrenz

Enlightened
Tach auch,
don't buy these crap!
As jogging-light I prefer headlamps as light as possible, Petzl Tikka or Tikka Xp are very comfortable for this purpose.
You can get it at rather every good trekking-store or at www.globetrotter.de .
Greets Jens
(Grüße auch an Tom und Bernie)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Glühbirnchen and welcome at CPF:)

:tsk: Don't get one of them.

I own the Led Lenser HFPowerchip and it's crap imo.
With the AAA's you get a few minutes bright light. After a little while you can see the output dims.

2 switches of them (lights of friends) broke. One I could repair, the other light died (I experimented with the parts:)).

When it will rain during jogging, water will go inside the light.

The other LedLenser lights I own or I held in hand are the same poor constructions, so for me no LL anymore.

My advice is the Princeton Tec Apex:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/pt_apex.htm

IMO the best headlight in its pricerange.

Best regards

____
Tom

PS: Hello Jens:grin2:

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all of you for replying so fast... I think I will go either for the PT-Apex or Eos then...these two seem to be real worth the money :)

I hope my husband's gonna like his b-day-present ... if not he's got to sell it to someone else, hehe. But after all...I mean either you're fascinated with lights or not. Or what do you think?:laughing:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gern geschehen (you're welcome) Glühbirnchen:grin2:

It's a good decision and I'm sure, he will like such a headlamp.
I wish you a nice birthday party and

best regards

____
Tom

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
Hallo Glühbirnchen,

please take a look at the petzl tikka xp (you can find at globetrotter.de).

i think it is much better suited for jogging as the big bulky princeton tecs.

mfg,

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Glühbirnchen said:
I hope my husband's gonna like his b-day-present ... if not he's got to sell it to someone else, hehe. But after all...I mean either you're fascinated with lights or not. Or what do you think?:laughing:

If you buy an Apex, buy a black one, and if he doesn't like it, have him contact me and if the price is right, I'll buy it from him :)

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Unless he has a use for a headlight other than jogging I would recommend a hand held light.As previously stated Apex will fall off, and he may feel a bit gawky wearing a headlamp.

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
New question... :)

oooookayyy...I descided for something completely different.... my husband said something about really needing a light for his mountain-bike...so I won't have to worry about wether he might like a head-lamp or not. But with lights for bikes it's the same : I don't have a clue which one might be a good one. So maybe you can post me a link with some information??? That'd be great...thank you in advance...you seem to be a great community :)

PS: I hope he doesn't find me here...since he's also a member of cpf, hehehe
wink.gif