Arc AAA-P old and new models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

Enlightened
Hi again from Gotham City;

I purchased an Arc AAA-P back in mid June this year, it's been great! I read the CPF threads recently and seem to decipher that there are different models of the Arc AAA-P, am I correct? I would tend to think that all Arc-AAAs and AAA-Ps are the same unless he made a change to his light recently. (which would be unlikely since he's working on the new Arc LS.) Anyone care to clear up the confusion? thanks!

Batman

iamerror

Enlightened
Hi batman,
I am not sure if you already know about Arc's previous generation AAA lights or not... is that what you are asking? Or are you asking if there has been a recent change to the version 4 Arc AAA? I have not heard of any such changes to the new AAA or AAA-P.

paulr

Flashaholic
If you bought your AAA-P new this year, you definitely have the latest and best version. The bezel should be slightly tapered at the front unlike the older ones which were straight. The AAA and AAA-P were previously made by a different company (Arc LLC) which went bust due to business errors. Peter then joined up with a new company and revived the Arc brand and started making lights again. The old company's lights went through several revisions and so there are some completists who try to collect them all. They are all excellent lights, however, the new ones use improved LED technology to get more lumens for the same amount of battery power, plus have a few other improvements based on acquired experience from the older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts