Have 6P Clone. Inexpensive Clickie Option?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Have friend with a couple of Cabelas 6P clones. Notice the Surefire Z59 tailcap is $38. This is high, since after his employee discount of 40% (!!) he only paid $18 each for the lights. The Cabelas lights take surefire parts.

Is there an aftermarket Z59 option with momentary on and clickie that will work for less than $38?

Thanks,
jeff.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
I think you are talking about the XPG series of lights... I was looking at these as well and would be interested to know about a cheaper clickie.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
This looks identical to the switch on my Nextorch SU5, which is a clickie with no momentary on function (same as the Cabelas XPG switch). Really looking for the momentary on function. Can anyone confirm these have momentary on?

Thanks,
Jeff.

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

The Cabelas XPG series lights come with reverse clickie tailcaps that will fit a SF P series light perfectly. The tailswitches also have anti-roll bezeling unlike the SF tailswitches.

The reverse is not true, however, the SF LOTC will not fit an XPG....

The XPG's are nice lights, IMHO, especially the 12V with the Turbohead option....

dragoman

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
PseudoFed said:
This looks identical to the switch on my Nextorch SU5, which is a clickie with no momentary on function (same as the Cabelas XPG switch). Really looking for the momentary on function. Can anyone confirm these have momentary on?
It does not; it's a reverse-clickie. I have one. It also is on the short side, internally, and won't work with some of my rechargeable setups. For example, I have a Wolf Eyes D26 with a spring inside a G&P T6 body with a Wolf Eyes 168B cell. The Nextorch can't make contact; neither can a twistie that came with my LEDWave Z-3. My Digilight clickie can. However, the Dilight clickie is half-broken; it now works in momentary mode only.

My Surefire Z-58 is the only switch I own that has worked in every setup I've tried. I had hoped that the Digilight would prove a cheap substitute, but it's not as well-made, nor does the switch button feel as solid in use.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
dragoman said:
The reverse is not true, however, the SF LOTC will not fit an XPG....
dragoman

That's funny cause I have a SureFire LOTC on my Cabela's XPG 9V. I had to add an extra o-ring but it works just fine including the lock out feature.

Last edited:

dragoman

Enlightened
depusm12 said:
That's funny cause I have a SureFire LOTC on my Cabela's XPG 9V. I had to add an extra o-ring but it works just fine including the lock out feature.

Huh. I switched the switches ;) from my 9P to the XPG, and while the XPG switch worked fine on the 9P, the 9P twistie did not work on the XPG.

Only one I've tried, guess others do work....

dragoman

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
dragoman said:
Huh. I switched the switches ;) from my 9P to the XPG, and while the XPG switch worked fine on the 9P, the 9P twistie did not work on the XPG.
Only one I've tried, guess others do work....
dragoman

My switch was from my 6P but it shouldn't make a difference.