3 AA / 4 LED LEDCLUB Flashlight

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got hold of one and thought I'd review it since all the others I have have probably been run into the ground. Output is dimmer than a PT Attitude. Aluminum body seems very sturdy, have dropped it [accidentally] several time and still going, no observed or obvious damage. Tailcap is flat so allows for light to be stood on end. There is a notch cut into the tailcap and a hole drilled for using a lanyard. looking at the LED's themselves, I turn it on [twist head] and look at them at an angle while they're lit. three of them look white, but the fourth is very blue. I can't help but feel that if that 4th one was white also the output would be a little better. Have seen this in other LED lights also. Overall an OK light if you can get one cheap. Wouldn't pay too much for it, maybe two thirds of half the cost of a Attitude due to its lower output. Also being a 3AA design, the body is a little long, although some may like it as there is some shaft to be able to hold onto [no snickering!]. Also due to its length it is easy to topple over if stood on end. Makes a good starter or gift to someone new to LED. I always reccomend giving lights that use easily available batteries to non flashaholics as gifts so they are more likely to keep using it if they have to be replaced. My rating system is different, it goes in three levels; HI-MID-LOW.
I give it a MID due to its sturdy construction, simple AA feeding. Just don't overpay for one [fortunately got mine for free].
wink.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of unfavorable postings have been made.

In my case, I have a 4-red LED light that is no brighter than my old style Infinity single red LED with black anode coating scratched off.

Hemingray

Enlightened
I sent one of these to Craig a few months before his medical incident, he rated it, as I did, as a
real POS. I have a second one, after about an hour's use one of the white LEDs burned out.
The blue LED one is a little better, but still falls into the POS category. At least they do put SM resistors in series with each LED.
I give it a
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
rating.

/ed brown in NH

Hemingray

Enlightened
The LED club lights were 9 at a local flea market, the same seller had $2 blue "no-name" LED keychain lights that were far brighter. He also had a few
"dead" ones that I got for dirt cheap, the batteries were dead, so I ended up with some 25 cent blue LEDs to play with.

I would rate these LED Club lights (especially the white ones) as the worst light yet, only because I have not seen one that is worse, yet. One can always aspire for greater depths...

Avoid at all costs.

/ed brown

Hemingray

Enlightened
I haven't yet figured out how to "disembowel" the business end of this thing yet, without totally destroying it (altogether not so bad an idea...). I figured I could transplant 4 Nichias
into it and give it a second chance at a better life. If that doesn't work out, I'll just run it to see how long it takes for the remaining 3 LEDs to die. Then it will get an appropriate "toylet bowl" burial that this "flushlight" truly deserves. Since that would probably clog up my plumbing, I'll look for a proper outhouse to permanently entomb it. ;-E

/ed b

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, well I spoke too soon. You can see that by a very recent post I did where the LEDs burned out. I am going to save the main body and tailcap to salvage and use in a project. You cannot disassemble the head, looks to me that all components are slid in from the front then a lip is formed to hold in all in. You will have to bend the lip that retains the lens or hacksaw the tip off to get the guts to fall out. When I get around to it I will do this to salvage the two LEDs left working to use else where.

I must say that I still like the body design, it's just the guts suck.