But...it's ART!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well when people think we're crazy for what we spend for quality lights we can always direct them to this page :ohgeez:

kumar762

Banned
that thing is extra whack! I'd buy a beast or something of that sort.Or a car rather than that.I mean it's a pretty idea,but not for that price.

Edwood

Enlightened
LOL, the "artist" might as well peed in a jar as a base for that fugly lamp.

-Ed

amanichen

Enlightened
Maybe he planned to use a $4500 bottle of special epoxy, but instead used vice grips to attach the emitter board to the arm, and will pocket the difference in price.

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
This reminds me of a joke:

A bum is sitting on the sidewalk next to what looks like a greasy used pizza box. A sign above it says "Fine Art - $4million dollars!". A man stops and asks him, "Are you crazy? How many do you think you will sell at that price??" The bum says, "I only have to sell one!".

Cheers!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha that;s funny. Visegrips too. hahaha. I just dont get it either.

Maybe I can out do him and make one with a clothespin holding the board up!!! OH YEAH!!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the delivery time is only 8 to 10 WEEKS! We all know part of the fun of buying lights is that sweet anticipation time between when we order them and when they arrive. 8 to 10 weeks - holy &%#@*.

You would think at that price he would have some in stock ready to ship IMMEDIATELY - before the buyer changes his mind!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow... unless it is made of pure 24k gold or platinum, there is no chance in hell i would buy it...

besides, we could build a one out of luxeon k2...drive them at 2000ma with air cooling.
now, that is worth the money... maybe 32 luxeon K2 with the hex heatsink for isolation of the slug...

GrooveRite

Enlightened
OK OK FINE.......I'm taking one for the team.....I bought it.........:rock:

.....imagine that :laughing:

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
maybe if it came with a quad CPU graphics/cad workstation computer.. maybe.. it would be worth it..

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
$4,600 and it's held together with vice grips and has all wires hanging out...