Pelican M6 replacement LED

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I somehow managed to break the emitter completely off of the assembly in my Pelican M6 LED. Does any one know where I could find a replacement lamp assembly at a reasonable price? I don't think Pelican covers this under the warranty; does anyone know if they would? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

Andy

Newly Enlightened
Just send it to Pelican and they will send you a new one in the package. They have great customer service. I don't recall if you need an RMA/RGA number.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way to find out if it's covered under warranty would probably to give them a call; their warranty wording is pretty loose and all-encompassing. Sure hope it's covered, since they don't offer the the LED lamp assembly as a retail part. If I recall, they do have a toll-free number if calling LD is an issue.

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
I decided to call pelican and they sent me a new LED. I have had more problems with this light than any of the many others I own. Is anyone else having problems with their M6 LED??

Blazer

Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
I decided to call pelican and they sent me a new LED. I have had more problems with this light than any of the many others I own. Is anyone else having problems with their M6 LED??

Nope.
Got the 1W and a 3W and both work great. Had an initial problem with the 3W tailcap switch, Pelican sent me two new ones, never had a problem since.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the 3W and its great...

Awesome quality; great throw (esp. for a LED) and very white. I'm very pleased with it.

al2k

Newly Enlightened
Have the original 1W with focusable beam, it's been to hell and back and still works like a charm. I also had the tail switch die on my unit and they sent me a couple new ones and haven't had an issue with those. I've been thinking of replacing the emitter with a nice S-bin though, just need to figure out how hard it would be.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm lucky that I live 20 minutes from the Pelican's Torrance Facility.

I am going there tomorrow to exchange a PM6 3330 Led. The light has a puke green tint to the beam.

dsc03040smallsc2.jpg

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
My problems have been:
1. The threads on the bezel stripped on both of my M6's, Pelican sent me one new bezel and I super-glued the other one.
2. I've now had 3 different tailcaps fail on 2 different lights Pelican has sent me a replacement tailcap meant for the incan, it works MUCH better than the original LED tailcap.
3. The LED broke... Pelican sent me a new one.

I originally got my first M6 for Christmas of 2005. The tailcap failed and the bezel was stripped right out of the box. I called Pelican and told them, Not only did they send me a new tailcap, they also sent me another M6 FREE!!! I did not tell them about the bezel, I just super-glued it...Don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with the M6. It just seems that I have had bad luck with these. I have a fellow Firefighter who has one mounted to his fire helmet. It has been burned multiple times and still in great working condition. I think now that I have my new tailcap, new LED, and new bezel this will finally be a great light for me!!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am in singapore. i think i need to sent my light over there...

my M6 2390 has a part of the dome, detached from the emitter. but it is hanging on though. you can see it by just shining an incan light into there. the detached part is opaque.