Has anyone ever bought from fifthunit.com?

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
They have a couple lights I am interested in and wanted some feedback before I ordered,

thanks,
jon

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the 10w GLIMT from them and got my light in 10 days, and it worked perfectly out of the box. They sent a follow up email 3 weeks later just to see if everything is good.
jon1996 said:
They have a couple lights I am interested in and wanted some feedback before I ordered,

thanks,
jon

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
I received my Ultrafire 3w 602d (Sanni) on tuesday, it took about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm pleased so far specially since I paid $20.xx including shipping for the black one.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had a problem with fifthunit. If you have any doubts you can always check the cheers/jeers for member feedback.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered a few times, sometimes delivery can take a while, but they've always come through. They've been very customer service oriented in all my dealings with them, so if a problem should crop up with any of the items you get, I think they'll take care of it satisfactorily.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No trouble here! They seem like nice light's for the money. Not a Surefire or anything
but perfectly acceptable. My last order (couple weeks ago) they emailed a
couple times to make sure I got my light's and how was their customer service.
Seem's like they are trying to satisfy their customer's.:)

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had no problems ordering from them. Lots of cool stuff cheap. Check out some of their non-flashlight items too. Not too shabby.

Edwood

Enlightened
I've bought one thing from them, and they've been spamming me since. :rolleyes:

-Ed

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
Just picked up my order from the post office. Seems like decent stuff, the AA 1W Ultrafire ("VIPPA") seems very nice, actually, for under $16! Also got two "LYCKEBY" 9LED 3xAAA lights and some assorted junk. I'll probably have more to say about some of these soon.

Placed the order via Paypal late on Oct 2, shipping notification received Oct 10, and items at the post office Oct 18. So my experience was a week to ship and a week to arrive here on the east coast. The order is complete and safely packed.

I guess I should be telling this to the folks in "Cheers'n'Jeers" :)

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered stuff from them and received an email with a tracking number mentioned on it. Where can I use this tracking number?

Thanks
Tachy

jtice

Flashaholic
I ordered from them once, no problems.
Shipping was a typical time for overseas.
I would order again.

~John

MG_Saldivar

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the 10-keychain-LEDs-for-$5-shipped deal a few weeks ago when it was first mentioned here on CPF and I got them in about 12 days -- they're the same kind as I've gotten for free from Lighthound. Today, I just received my second order from them -- two 9LED (3xAAA) aluminum-body lights, also $5 shipped. I'm impressed with all the lights I've gotten, as well as their good communication...

After reading y'all's comments, I'm going to try some of their "expensive" lights (the ones that cost $15 - $20) :lolsign:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
MG_Saldivar said:
After reading y'all's comments, I'm going to try some of their "expensive" lights (the ones that cost $15 - $20) :lolsign:
Try the Hemse, it's working great for me with 2 RCR123s. It also arrived in less than 3 weeks.

MG_Saldivar

Newly Enlightened
Omega Man, what kind of runtime do you get with the Hemse? I usually prefer LEDs (I favor runtime over brightness, but for $10, I can risk an incan) :grin2:

I'm leaning towards this bad boy... I've also thought about this one, but I'm reluctant to have to stock up on CR2s... They seem harder to find at cheap prices than CR123s...

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't let it run continuously to test runtime. I guess I should sometime, and report back for the benefit.
I also prefer LEDs, but I wanted an bright incan for carrying and taking abuse.
I like the look of the 3/6w dual mode single 123. I'm just a sucker for single cells, though.
My vote is for that. I wouldn't bother with a CR2 light, those cells are just too obsure.

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the key chain lights from Fifth Unit on 4 October, received a shipping confirmation on the 10th and the package reached me on the 23rd of October. A total of 19 days from order placement to delivery.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I recieved an email from Fifthunit titled "How have we performed?":

"Dear myname,
Greetings from FifthUnit.com! An order was sent to you approximately three weeks ago. Is everything alright with your recent order from us? If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our customer service representatives immediately -- we are standing by to serve you."

Wow, that's pretty cool of them to do. That's the kind of service I see from sites like lighthound, and I'm impressed they would do it to. Automated email aside, it is a nice gesture.

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
among the other flashlight, ipod and psp items that i have ordered from them, only one item was truly defective.

the fifthunit's prompt reply in telling me how to return the item, and how their replacement policy works will ensure my future business

Last edited: