Anyone ever mount a tire on a motorcycle before?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Is it very hard? We have no local places that do it. So I may just buy a tire online and mount it my self? Is it very hard to do? There tubeless tires and on rear of bike I have no issues removing rim I just wonder about getting old tire of rim and new one on

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool I'm looking for a rear tire now I just care if it's reliable don't care if it's ugly. Or name brand . Need 150 80 16 rear

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Try this

IMG_2863.jpeg

$5 core remover tool from wal mart

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool great video and he explains it in a way I understand I like when they explain why we are doing what we are doing

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool now I have something to look forward to that rear tire has worried me for months . But the cost of a pro doing to it even if I can get there was to much. I installed a center stand on her last year smartest thing I have ever done .

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I was just going to ride it if it seems ok I'll let it be if I get wheel bounce I'd just move weights around rim till it's fixed . But I'll check the beads out to

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Back in my younger years most my tires had the steel belts showing yes there really is a steel belt in tires at least I'm care tires lol. And they will cut the stuff out of you . It's more like wires

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My e-bikes has 20 inch by 3 inch tires lol. A course they cost a boat load. For tubes and tires so I wet to Walmart and found some box tires 20x2 and been useing them for. Long time. Way way cheaper and easier to find looks like of funny but works

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Back in my younger years most my tires had the steel belts showing yes there really is a steel belt in tires at least I'm care tires lol. And they will cut the stuff out of you . It's more like wires
Yes here in upstate ny we run our tires till the steel belts are showing for winter. Just as good as tire chains.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Nah lol but I figure at the speed we rode are box bikes as kids they should be fine. I do worry about it staying in its bead

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Btw if this works out it will be life changing good. I can do all repairs on my motorcycle but just feared tires. . Can't believe I have almost 12000 miles on a motorcycle I bought new in June had 1 mile of les on it then lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty everyone tires and spoons and valve remover on the way already had the remover but a new one came in the kit. I'm a bit excited I can go on long trips again. I plan on haveing this Honda for 200000 miles it's one of there more depending engine and I take well care of it .next will be front tire