dont ever move to a small town!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That is the most pathetic looking U.S. Post Office I have ever seen. That is shameful.
That one looks like a palace compared to the one nearest my apartment. Seriously tiny, Basic as hell. They still have a pay-phone inside of it. I'm not even sure if it works or if they just decided it would be too much of a bother uninstalling it.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
That one looks like a palace compared to the one nearest my apartment. Seriously tiny, Basic as hell. They still have a pay-phone inside of it. I'm not even sure if it works or if they just decided it would be too much of a bother uninstalling it.
PHO-TO! PHO-TO! PHO-TO! :LOL:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
That post office is probably one of the covert entrances to MIB Headquarters. The pay phone is how they gain entry.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No weapons allowed inside the Post Office.... Though apparently that rule doesn't apply to the employees over at my neighborhood.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
They still have a pay-phone inside of it. I'm not even sure if it works or if they just decided it would be too much of a bother uninstalling it.
Verizon probably disconnected the line at the frame in the CO and abandoned it in place. A few such artifacts also lingering in the Dallas area with faded Verizon/GTE or AT&T/Southwestern Bell logos.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want some, and booths. Those things are so Americana, I mean, they are iconic--they were part of the American life for so long...whenever I see them in an old movie, it makes me sad that they are gone now. Where is Clark Kent supposed to change clothes? :unsure:

Lois Lane: Clark! Where are you going? This alien attack is a big story, we have to cover it!

Clark Kent: Ah, I really have to find a porta-potty Lois. I'll see you later, I gotta go!

Lois Lane: Why didn't you go before we left the office?! Oh Clark! 🤦‍♀️

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couple of pics from my small town gun shop

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I want some, and booths. Those things are so Americana, I mean, they are iconic--they were part of the American life for so long...whenever I see them in an old movie, it makes me sad that they are gone now. Where is Clark Kent supposed to change clothes? :unsure:

Lois Lane: Clark! Where are you going? This alien attack is a big story, we have to cover it!

Clark Kent: Ah, I really have to find a porta-potty Lois. I'll see you later, I gotta go!

Lois Lane: Why didn't you go before we left the office?! Oh Clark! 🤦‍♀️
If I had the space, I'd definitely have one of those old-school phone booths.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, Man! What movie was it, where the streets were empty, deserted, and all the phones in the phone booths rang? Am I remembering that right? Seems like I remember it that way, but I'm not sure about it. :anyone:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Ebay has loads of phone booths for sale, some for not much over $1,000. The only issue is all of them are local pickup only. I guess it makes sense. Hate to think what the freight charges would be for something that size. I guess if you have the means to get these home then they're not cost prohibitive. Not something you could tie on the roof of a car, unfortunately.

If I had the room and money, I'd buy myself a subway train. That would be a cool thing to have. Probably no way to actually run it, even if I had space on my property for a track. These things require north of half a megawatt per car while accelerating. Cruising is a little better, but we're probably still talking 50 to 100kW per car.

Status
Not open for further replies.