Dorcy 3AAA - 1 WATT LED HAWKEYE FLASHLIGHT

tommygunn

Newly Enlightened
While going through the flashlight aisle at my local Costco Warehouse here in the Chicagoland area, I came across the
Dorcy Hawkeye flashlight. They must have just put them in stock within the past few days. Costco is selling this item in a blister-pak containing (2) Hawkeye flashlights-red & blue interchangeable lens-(6)AAA batteries-(2) canvas holsters,
for $28.97. I checked out some 2005 threads in CPF about this light and it seems it can be modded quite easliy.
As a newbie to CPF, joined May 2006, I have accumulated (23) various Led Flashlights. I don't know why, but it was love at first sight with the Led's. I just cannot get interested in incan's any more. As I have not done any serious modding yet, I think I would now like to try it out with these lights, the price seems very reasonable. So if I screw up I won't be out that much. Any opinions about modding this light. Also, a heartfelt thanks to all the CPF members for getting me addicted to the Led world.
:buddies:

You can check out this Dorcy @
http://www.dorcy.com/products.aspx?p=414279

StuGatz

Enlightened
Just picked up several packages myself... Interesting light and seems well built.

The red and blue lens pieces may just come in handy.

All the very best,

Stuart

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will have to keep an eye out at Walmart and other places as we dont have a Costco in the area. I am really looking for some decent red light LED. HOw well does the filter work on it?

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these and can attest to its usefullness. The holster is actually quite good - will fit all sorts of ligts quite well ( G2 size ). Quite bright, good run time - in fact with a host of other higher end lights, I keep it at the bedside with the red filter for night trips to the bathroom.

I have debated buying another for a utility light. The flat tailcap stands up really well for room ilumination so it makes itself useful around the house at night.

While I do like the light I doubt it will ever replace my SF LEDs on outings but for the money it is great. It is quite heavy given the brightness but I suspect the quality may not be "life or death" suitable.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Waterboiler is quite correct about the nylon belt holster/pouch. It's made quite well, seems very sturdy, and has a small D ring on one side for whatever you might imagine.

Stuart