WTF what just happend to my bulb?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am very upset right now. let me start last night i noticed my beam in my m3t was looking sikly yellow i thought it was just the batts since i had been using the light qiut a bit since it is new to me. so i changed the batts to new darucels. no change. so i thought maybe it was just my eyes so today i decided maybe i should change the bulb see if that changes it so i took out the bulb and what do i see frosted bulb where its not suposed to be frosted and purple where the filament was. it still would light but man is it bad dark yellow with a green crona it suck . this is my firs set of batts on this lamp. and the bulb has not blown YET. so will surefire replace my bulb?

thanks for the advice

David Miller

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your bulb has leaked. This is fairly rare , but not unheard of in these high performance lamps.

Surefire will replace it. A call to customer service should take care of it.

DO NOT use this lamp assembly any more. There is a chance for a more explosive failure mode which can do severe damage to your turbohead and reflector. Personal injury is also possible.

Mark

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash_Gordon said:
Your bulb has leaked. This is fairly rare , but not unheard of in these high performance lamps.

DO NOT use this lamp assembly any more. There is a chance for a more explosive failure mode which can do severe damage to your turbohead and reflector. Personal injury is also possible.

Mark
wow i never new a lamp would leak never knew they could, and yes i will not use the lamp since i herd of a lamp messing up a reflector. but i canot get over the beam color it is so pruple and i cannot see the filament.

EV_007

Enlightened
SureFire backs their products up 100 percent. I've had a bulb fail and new one sent out no questions asked. They didn't even need my bad bulb either.

People might gripe about SureFire's prices, but between the quality and the excellent follow up service, you get what you pay for.

Contact them and I betyou'll be well taken care of. :)

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I emailed Surefire about a bum tailcap and got a replacement by mail within a week, no questions asked (and I did not even have to send the bum tailcap back to them).