advise on loosening up a camelbak tube?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i am getting tired of my very stiff drinking tube on my camelbak it is kindoff new but i figured it woulld be a llittle looser. my first one was a civilian issue and it was really loose wich i liked but my new one is a camelbak mule millitary issue and it is really stiif so any way to loosen it up?

thanks,David

blahblahblah

Enlightened
It sounds like something is wrong, unless you have the optional sleeve with a forming-wire in it. If it has a sleeve over it, remove the sleeve and either use without or get the sleeve without the wire.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
The plastic/rubber/silicone/whatever drinking tube should not be stiff.

The fabric/neoprene-ish sleeve comes in two versions that I'm aware of: 1) w/o wire 2)with wire. My wife has the mule with the insulating sleeve w/o a wire, and I have a very old model with an optional wire sleeve.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh ok i understand now. well mine doesnt have the wire cuz when i bend it it doesnt say there and it is not as tough as wire but still very hard to move.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Speaking of which, is there an easy way to get the bite valve back on after cleaning it?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have military Camelbaks. To get the bite-valve back on, I just put some water on the tube and it works on fairly easily that way. If it were really easy to get it back on, it would leak.

JM-99

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
I have military Camelbaks. To get the bite-valve back on, I just put some water on the tube and it works on fairly easily that way. If it were really easy to get it back on, it would leak.

JM-99
yup thats how i do it it works really well somtimes to well.