Books on CD

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone reccomend good books on CD that I can listen to for the 24 hr ride to New York? I am into Non Fiction and Science Fiction. Not much into drama.

I'll be leaving tomorrow (Monday) morining.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have to say that Martin Shaw does a very good job. I took the time to transfer the CDs to MDs so I could listen to it on the way to work.
I usually read the book at the same time.

It is heavy in places but then it's a huge work, and links to the Lord of the Rings if you know it well. Everything in the LotR gets a far great sense of history and reality when you read it after reading the Silmarillion.

When 'they' release the unabridged version of the LotR on CD, I'll buy it. I have to admit to already having my Fellowship of the Ring DVD, and I'm getting the Extended version too.

Another thing you could listen to is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Al

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all but one of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" epoch Fantasy series on tape, and listen to it repeatedly. ( I re-read the ~10,000 page series once or twice a year too.)

With ALL due respect and honor to Master Tolkien who made it possible for epic fantasy to live as it does now, I prefer Jordan (and George R.R. Martins "Song of Ice and Fire" series). I never tire of them, written or spoken.

LOTR kind of wears thin if read more than once a year, and maybe my feeble brain is too limited to grasp and enjoy the Silmarillion, but I did not get enough out of it 20 years ago to repeat reading it.

I am looking forward greatly to getting the LOTR movie as soon as it comes out, (Due in two weeks or so). In fact, I think I'll go to Amazon right now and order it: LOTR AMAZON

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
That will keep me busy!!
shocked.gif
Tolkien rules!