What shape will my P1 be in when I finally find it in the snow bank?

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
I placed it in the pocket of my snow pants as I tried to get the snow blower working just in case I needed to see something better. After fixing the snow blower I placed the pliers in the same pocket as the P1. I immediately thought that I should place the pliers in another pocket so that I would not damage the P1.

As luck would have it as I went to remove the pliers, the pliers grabed on to the inside of the pocket liner and sent the P1 flying off into 10" inches of freshly fallen snow never to be seen again until spring.

So I ask my fellow flashaholics that have a better understanding of chemistry than myself, what shape will my P1 be in when I finally find it in the spring after spending the winter under 10"+ of snow?

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
Hopefully it won't have a "yellow" tint on the surface, if so wash it off with soap and water ;)

Just kidding about the yellow snow. According to reviews, the light should be water resistant and probably have no damage whatsoever.

Happy Holidays

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
just that it will still work after the snow has melted off, in totally good shape without harm.

but hey! get something to melt the snow off! you know you can't survive without that light!

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
As soon as the temperature climbs to around 30 deg F I'll try the warn water trick. I think I should order the new P1D CE to help me look for it in the dark.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
just that it will still work after the snow has melted off, in totally good shape without harm.

…as long as the snowplow doesn't run over it in the next snowstorm.

…or someone else finds it before you do, when the snow melts.

Maybe it's time to do some digging.

mchlwise

Enlightened
:grin2:

Definitely, by whatever means you choose, go out there and find the light.

:candle:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, next time you go out in the snow, make sure that the torch is turned ON.

Easier to find, and gives nice effect in the snow, especially when it's dark.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really not sure I read this correctly or if it may have been written correctly. Initially I thought I read 10 feet of snow, when there was all this stuff about having to wait until spring. If it really is only 10 inches, I really don't understand why the OP doesn't just dig it out and let the snow melt indoors to retrive the light. 10" doesn't really sound like much of an excuse even for a Californian who lives in an area where it might kinda snow at sea level once every quarter century (snows in the surrounding hills every year, didn't expect that for San Jose did ya? :) ).