Help with a 28AA battery pack

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to get 28 AA's into an extended 6D maglite and thought this would be a good place to ask about the batteries. I was thinking 2 12Aa to 3D holders and a single 4Aa to 3D holder but was told that it isn't good to stack holders together without soldering. Is there any way to do this or anyone that could make such a large battery holder or am I going to have to find someone to make a custom pack? I plan on using 28 sanyo 2300's in a 6D mag with a 1 D cell extension. Thanks

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do those fit 4 across in your 6D Mag? I'd imagine it would be difficult to bore if they didn't. The regular Modamag holder is available in kit form and you should be able to make it any length you wanted (though the springs may not hold 7 stacks very securely).

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the LarryK12 thread they were discussing a 24 cell 28.8v pack, and AWR built a Modamag style holder with a fuse. The other interesting thing about the holder is the rods were threaded and nuts used to bypass the 10A current limits of the springs (like the FM holder).

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read the instructions. You'll need a x4AA-xD kit with 7 center rod insulators and battery retainer boards. The 5 interconnect rods need to be cut for 7D length (threaded if you want to use nuts like AWR).

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Ok, thanks. I'll check into that. Do you think the interconnect rods are long enough to do 7 AA's in a row? If so, this just might work.