Ok, where are my balisong guys...?

cutlerylover

Banned
How many flashaholics here love balisongs too? I know there are a few knife guys here but how many are bali fans too? If you are lets see some pics of your collection...or here a story? Or maybe a video of you flipping? Here is a link to one of my videos...

by the way if your readign this and thinking...what the heck is a balisong, well thats just the name for a butterfly knife...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQldLnf8u0

By the way please ecuse the music, I know that its not everyones cup of tea...to be honest I like classic rock ( the beatles, zeppelin, pink floyd, etc...)much more than I do harder music like this, but at the time of the vid (a few years old) thats the song I happened to pick...but if it annoys you just watch the video on mute...:grin2:

45ACP

Newly Enlightened
I have a Spyderfly, a Typhoon with cocobolo wood handles and a cheap Jag Classic that I use for practice.

I might pick up a BM42 soon.

cutlerylover

Banned
jds009 said:
:ohgeez: you kow me...i wanna get into it bad, but...if i go to that store i should ghet one, but stupid brokenness...gosh i need a job...anyone hiring?:laughing:

Yeah too many toys, not enough money...lol

45ACP said:
I have a Spyderfly, a Typhoon with cocobolo wood handles and a cheap Jag Classic that I use for practice.

I might pick up a BM42 soon.

ahhh, the BM42, the staple balisong, you will NOT be dissapointed if you get one...AWESOME knife! :grin2: Plus they hold their value...

by the way hold on to that spyderfly, there is a recall on all of them so they are getting hard to find now...Which version do you have? They started off using VG-10 for the blade but have made many more with 440C...I have the 440C version...

Last edited:

45ACP

Newly Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
Yeah too many toys, not enough money..

ahhh, the BM42, the staple balisong, you will NOT be dissapointed if you get one...AWESOME knife! :grin2: Plus they hold their value...

by the way hold on to that spyderfly, there is a recall on all of them so they are getting hard to find now...Which version do you have? They started off using VG-10 for the blade but have made many more with 440C...I have the 440C version...

Mine is VG-10. I had no idea that there is a recall. Do you know why?

I love the light and silky smooth Ti handles on the BM42. Can't wait to pick one up.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Wow, very nice video. Sweet display of your skills. Too bad balisongs are illegal in NYC and all of NY state if I remember correctly.

Here's another YouTube balisong video, even if you've seen it already, I'm sure most everyone else will enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwq8-ynH2w

There's just something about a cute girl with weapon skills
naughty.gif

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice video. The left hand = :rock:

I havent ever pulled together the cash for a mircotech bali. I have a spyderfly (440C unfortunately) a couple cheapo ones and a benchmade trainer. I am still searching for a nice tanto blade on a bali.

cutlerylover

Banned
45ACP said:
Mine is VG-10. I had no idea that there is a recall. Do you know why?

I love the light and silky smooth Ti handles on the BM42. Can't wait to pick one up.

WOW, thats great, the VG-10 version obviously being better of the 2...Here is a link to the thread on Bladeforums.com that explains the recall...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451739

FrogsInWinter said:
Wow, very nice video. Sweet display of your skills. Too bad balisongs are illegal in NYC and all of NY state if I remember correctly.

Here's another YouTube balisong video, even if you've seen it already, I'm sure most everyone else will enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwq8-ynH2w

There's just something about a cute girl with weapon skills .

Yeah, she is awesome...Here name is Jessica, she is 18 years old...She is a very well known member of the balisong community, unfortunatly her 1st few vids were stolen and used without her permission online, thenspread like wildfire to all of the known "funny video" websites where she was exploited...But she is still a very actice member on bladeforums.com as well as balisongforums.com...She is also a very sweet girl! Here is a compilation video of her and Heath "Icon of Sin" also a very well known and respected member of the balisong community...ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTkEGNj1DkE

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine lives out of state due to my local laws concerning them, but I've got one. My best story - a buddy bought a cheepie and wanted me to show him the basics. I pulled mine out, flipped it, and when he tried the same he found out right quick that his cheepie wasn't standardized like mine did. A handful of band-aids later, that puppy went in the trash and that's why he's a benchmade man now...

cutlerylover

Banned
I can't tell you how mnay times I was playing around with my BM42 and someone said "hey let me see that thing" within a minute or two they find out the blade is razor sharp the hard way...believe me I try to warn them but they all have that same mentality like if you can do it then I can do it...lol, Oh well, at least with a VERY sharp knife, the cuts are clean and heal fast...

MicroE

Enlightened
I was in a knife shop in Providence, RI on Wednesday. The had a couple of balisongs on display and I asked about carrying them. He said that it was legal for him to sell them and legal for me to have them at home.
But it was illegal for me to carry a balisong.
I buy knives because I like to use them and the idea of having to leave them at home everytime I walk down the street seems like a drag.

I bought two SAK's (my current knife addiction!).

cutlerylover

Banned
MicroE said:
I was in a knife shop in Providence, RI on Wednesday. The had a couple of balisongs on display and I asked about carrying them. He said that it was legal for him to sell them and legal for me to have them at home.
But it was illegal for me to carry a balisong.
I buy knives because I like to use them and the idea of having to leave them at home everytime I walk down the street seems like a drag.

I bought two SAK's (my current knife addiction!).

Im not sure whree in northern NJ you are but I lived in West Milford for the last 12 years, and what I knew about it was the same...They canbe sold, and they can be owned by collectors but you can not take them out in public...I didnt mind cause I would play with them at home and keep them in my collection...but I recently moved to PA (almost a year ago) and I have an idea of whats legal and whats not but nothgin thats concrete, so Im still confused about whats ok...but I keep to myself and don't draw any attention to my knives (what I am carrying at the time) and I have had no problems carrying manual folders, fixed blades, autos, and even balisongs...

ksonger

Newly Enlightened
my favorite is my original Bali-Song USA (the one with the butterfly) custom, weehawk blade w/black micarta handles.

ken