Sam's Power on Board HID

max52

Newly Enlightened
I assume people know that Sam's Club Auction site is listing a number of "Power on Board HID" 35W lanterns. They have the 6000Klamp. Although I did not need one, I got one with a winning bid of $38. There are several listed. The winning bid may go down.

max52

Newly Enlightened
As far as tax, I am tax exempt. The tax in Illinois would less than $3. I can't remember the shipping. I think it was around $8. They ship exclusively UPS Ground. Like I said, these may go at a low price. I may have over-payed at $38.

max52

Newly Enlightened
If you want one, now is the time . They have a Dutch Auction ( all winners get item for lowest price) for a lot of 25 that ends at 6 PST. Winning bid now is $17.

tvman

Newly Enlightened
thanks for alerting us Max52. Hope they have another dutch auction. With somewhat slow sales in stores (except by CPFers) and some reported clearance prices, I hope these auctions increase in numbers.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
tvman said:
thanks for alerting us Max52. Hope they have another dutch auction. With somewhat slow sales in stores (except by CPFers) and some reported clearance prices, I hope these auctions increase in numbers.

I visited one of the stores in my area yeaterday and they had pulled them from the shelves; I walked the whole store and they were nowhere to be found. I suspect that they're going to be putting up more of these for auction.

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
I don't get it. My local store still has a pallet full at full price. Been waiting for the price to drop to pick one up.

Joel

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
Thanks for the heads-up, Max. Just snagged one via the dutch auction.

I got in on that Dutch auction as well. I checked my auction status and it is still "processing", how does sams auctions work? I put in my credit card info, do they just charge my account and then ship it out?

Please explain, I'm kinda confused.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was new to that process also. I came in near the end, made my bids, and my status went from "winning" to "won" at the close of the auction. I then received an email stating that my card would be charged when they shipped it out.

jwl

Enlightened
Question is which one of you guys tried to buy ALL 25 of them....:xyxgun: . I was doing good at $28 them somebody(s) showed up and drove the bidding up:rant: .

Oh well, still got it for a good price.:)

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
jwl said:
Question is which one of you guys tried to buy ALL 25 of them....:xyxgun: . I was doing good at $28 them somebody(s) showed up and drove the bidding up:rant: .

I was wondering what CPFer that was too!!! :mad: We all would have got them for such a better deal if it weren't for him. Oh well I'm still pretty happy for getting them for 60% off retail.

max52

Newly Enlightened
Sam's communicates well. If there is a credit card verification problem, they will E-mail you to resolve the problem. They also notify with a tracking number when they ship. The items arrive gennerally within a week in the midwest. The items have the full Sam's Club Warranty. If you don't like it, or it is defective, they E-mail a return UPS label. I have have never had a problem returning an auction item.
I expect the HID will be on the auction site for a week, or more. The guy who screwed up Dutch auction, I hope was not a CPF member. He was from Racine WI.( a cheese head)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
jwl said:

It certainly wasn't me! Somebody else pushed it into the 40s and then 50.

jwl

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm hoping it wasn't a CPFer either. I know we all like to get a good deal. Still got a good deal anyway:grin2:.

Those 20+ lights that he/she did get in that auction will probably end up on e-bay, I'd bet.

johnson225ho

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in purchasing one from anyone on this board that got more than one or is interested in selling one. I don't have a sams club membership, so it would be an extra $40 just to sign up plus the cost of the light. Let me know if anyone is interested. Take care,
Steve

tvman

Newly Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
It certainly wasn't me! Somebody else pushed it into the 40s and then 50.

I thought I was doing good at $25 and then someone bid on all of them. Then I had to go up to $40 just to get one.

Last edited:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
jwl said:
Yeah, I'm hoping it wasn't a CPFer either. I know we all like to get a good deal. Still got a good deal anyway:grin2:.

Those 20+ lights that he/she did get in that auction will probably end up on e-bay, I'd bet.

Or in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of CPF !!! :lolsign:

Regards,

Ra.

max52

Newly Enlightened
The Sam's HID is listed as $60 on the main Sam's web site " For Pick-up". Once the auction price reaches $52 it would be cheaper to pick it up at your local Sam's and save the shipping. Unfortunately, most Sam's Club Auction participants failed addition in grade school.

maverick215

Newly Enlightened
max52 said:
The Sam's HID is listed as $60 on the main Sam's web site " For Pick-up". Once the auction price reaches $52 it would be cheaper to pick it up at your local Sam's and save the shipping. Unfortunately, most Sam's Club Auction participants failed addition in grade school.
still 98.58 here... though my club hasn't had them long