Clickie switch for AE Powerlights

NAW

Enlightened
I wonder if all future models will be utilizing this clickie or will be an accessory.

I just hope its reasonablly priced. I sure can use a clickie on my AE. :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
I purchased the Boxer, but if I'd known about this I probably would have waited. This mod brings the AE24S down to just 12 inches. That's cool!

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
I sent an email to Marc asking some questions about the tailcap... I'll post the answers in hopes of save him from receiving alot of emails :laughing:

NAW

Enlightened
Okay... this is what I got from Marc. Re-worded of course. :)

1) Battery has to be taken out out of the light to be charged. Obviuosly being a clickie they would have to sacrifice the ability to charge through the tailcap.

2) There is no price yet, but it will be sold through there dealers.

3) New unspecified items are coming soon as well.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lose internal charging capability?

:barf:

No thanks! I'd rather have internal charging than a clickie. It's not like you turn this kind of light off and on rapidly like an led, anyway...

dwminer

Enlightened
:goodjob: I want a clickie on my AE. I will use the charger that came with the AE to charge the batteries. It's a great light, that I use all the time. The flood lens should be standard equipment with this light. :goodjob:
Dave

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hmm, yeah...to bad about losing the charging convenience. And I guess that a clickie isn't really needed on a light like this. I think that I just like the idea of the light being an inch shorter.

Last edited:

dwminer

Enlightened
They eagle has landed. I have one and like it. No twisting, just push and it's turned on. Also the overhaul length is 1 in. shorter. Not for everyone, but just what I wanted.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi dwminer,

Does the switch throw very far until it clicks? I noticed my Xenide switch is a little shorter than I expected; I was hoping it would push in a little deeper until it finally clicks in place.

Dudemar