how's the build quality on the Wolf-Eyes Rattlesnake M90-13V?

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like all the Wolfeyes products in general, they are good build and value for the money. You would not be disappointed be it a rattlesnake, raider , or any other.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
The tail cap is held together with glue :thumbsdow
Mine fell apart after a while :rant:

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Paul, don't think I sold it to you, but happy to replace the tailcap if you pay postage. You may find the vendor you bought from is closer and will offer similar.

Firestick, I have one myself and have sold a number to LEO's who all seem happy and comment to me how solid it is, solid enough to be used as a club.

daveman

Enlightened
Paul5M said:
The tail cap is held together with glue :thumbsdow
Mine fell apart after a while :rant:
Yours is THE ABSOLUTE FIRST complaint I have ever read regarding Wolf Eyes' Rattlesnake.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my M90-13V

Brass lined body tube, swagged to keep it from coming out. No aluminum contact paths to oxidize, Brass contact points on switch and lamp for positive path connection (battery goes in backwards, ala Inova X5). Heavy but well balanced to compensate. Lotsa grease on the connections and o-rings. No sharp edges or burrs or tool marks to mess up the look and feel.

Hard Coat anodize would be the only thing that could improve mine. Plus you get options of lamps from Wolf and Lumens Factory (from normal to insane). Not like my one option only SF 8NX.

GreySave

Enlightened
I have a Raider with both the conventional and turbo bezels, a variety of lamps for the front end, and LED tailcaps for the rear. A well made and very versatile light for the money. Here is something to think about.

Consider your needs and what you plan to do with the light. The beauty of Wolf-Eyes products is that with their combination of their own and Lumens Factory lamps, along with their luxeon and now Cree LED modules, LED tailcaps that work well on 9 volts or above (Have heard some comments about dim red tail caps on 6 volts and below), standard tactical tailcap, multiple style bezels for some models, etc....You can create a Wolf-Eyes system that allows you to use one body and convert it to what you need quickly and easily. I personally like the 9 series lights because you can switch from rechargeables to primaries using the same lamp. Just switch out the batteries and you are good to go. Plus it is a nice size to hold and holster. Whatever your needs and desires....I would take a few minutes and look over what is available and what you might like to add in the future before making my final selection.

All Wolf-Eyes lights are significantly heavier than a SureFire or other similar lights. But, as others have pointed out, there are valid reasons for that and I have not found the extra weight to be a problem.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Whilst i don't have the Rattlesnake as yet, i do use the Raider as a back up to my Magcharger on duty and find it is as solid as a rock, maybe as heavy too :laughing: , seriously though the weight isn't really noticable for me as it is carried on a webbing duty belt along with about 10kg of other equipment and isn't really all that heavy. It is used almost every day without any problems.

On a side note to the build quality, i actually prefer the beam from the Raider than the Magcharger for most occasions.

Personally i think the WE products are great - well built, easily upgradeable and value for money :twothumbs

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
While I don't own a Rattlesnake, I do own two WE lights and I'm very impressed with build quality of their lights. They are built like tanks with lots of extra metal. They may not be as sexy as a Surefire but I think they're stronger and have better heat sinking.

WE really needs to step-up and offer a tougher finish like HAIII. Some color options would be nice as black can be tiring after a while.