Green laser for airrifle

kodeboswachter

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm a noobie when it comes to lasers, and i'm looking for a small laser to instal on my air rifle. I've read that green is the better choice and that it should be around 5 mW. I would prefer it to run on cr123a or AA / AAA or anything that is not to hard to come by.

Dou you have any suggestions as to what brand an model is should get?

ps. can anyone explain how i calculate the diameter of the beam at a given distance using the beam divergence?

thanks,

Ko

Last edited:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Hi Ko,

I've got a green laser for my airsoft rifle and am pretty happy with it. I ordered it from a vendor on Ebay. You can do a search for green laser and get many hits for them. It is rated as 20mW, but I don't think it is that high. It also uses two CR123 batteries and has a push to activate switch for momentary operation.
This the basically the model I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/Brons-Rifle-Pow...QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106974QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I paid a bit more for it, but that was over a year ago. I can't tell you how to calculate beam divergence, but at airsoft weapon ranges, it shouldn't be an issue. The laser beam will travel much further than the 6mm plastic pellets.

You might want to check with the airsoft groups in your area about using lasers if you are playing competition. Some places don't allow them.

kodeboswachter

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your reply, but i didn't mean airsoft, i meant a spring gun with lead 4,5 mm pellets. the max range i'm going to use it at is 50 meters.

i'll have a look at your laser.