Tritium Zip Tie

whitey529

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if glow in the dark or tritium zip ties exist? Thanks!

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I've got a bag of glow in the dark zip ties I bought at Conrad Electronics (A Germany Based electronics company). I think they are about 8 inches long and a quarter inch or less wide. I don't think you will find tritium zip ties. Each tie would be expensive and subject to breaking.

Let me know if you need a bag or two of the GITD zip ties.

whitey529

Newly Enlightened
Could you give me a link to where I could find more info about these. I looked over conrad electronics but couldn't find em. Im interested in how long they glow for and also price and quanity in each package. Thanks

Last edited:

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium zip ties can't exisit. It's a gas. Now, there's tritium compounds, but I don't think zip tie guys wanna radiate their factory

gearbox

Newly Enlightened
The reason you won't find tritium zip ties is that tritium itself is not luminous. It is combined with a phosphorescent outer coating that puts off colored light when irradiated. This would require some [expensive] engineering (and production) to create a maleable and durable ziptie that wouldn't leak tritium or chaff away the phosphorous mat'l.
Better off searching for existant GITD zipties.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
whitey529 - try this link - do a Product Search for "cable ties" - then scroll down.

I tried a direct link, but am having problems. The above instructions should work.