My new Lith Ion charger.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Hi all. I have been looking for a new charger, since I messed up my DSD. I wanted to find something a little nicer than the Ultrafires, but did not want to spend on a Hyperion or something.

I am not sure how I did, but I got a new charger. It is a Yuntong, YT-0001S. See pic.

It can be ordered w/ or w/out a AC power source. I ordered w/ out and bought one at a discount store locally. I also soldered the ends into my gutted DSD.

It has an adjustable charging rate, up to 2000ma, and 3 voltage ranges. While it took a little longer than I expected, it seems to slow the charge down to top off the battery before it signals a full charge. The batteries came off at 4.22-3v, and settled down to 4.21 after a bit.

Reverse polarity and incorrect voltage settings cause the charger to flash and stop charging.

This is only an initial action report, but so far I am happy w/ it. The case is metal. Basically, it was $47 shipped for the charger, plus the cradle of the DSD, and whatever it costs you to find a good 12v converter.

I got mine from CentralHobbies, and they were very helpful on the phone, and shipped very fast. This may be a charger to take a look at if you are in the market for one.

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries came off at 4.22-3v, and settled down to 4.21 after a bit
They are being overcharged. Everything above 4.2 is bad for them, and yes, hundredths of a volt can matter. Expect reduced life (but try another multimeter just to be sure).

LiIon/LiPo cells coming off my Hyperion 5i are about 4.19 and settle to 4.17 or so.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Too much voltage. Have you been researching CPF for LiIon charger recommendations?

Bill

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Yes, I have been looking at suggestions. They are basically the DSD, Ultrafire, Pila, and the high end stuff.

The biggest complaint w/ the DSD was that it undercharged. The Ultrafire initially overcharged by a lot, and now supposedly overcharges a little. The Pila apparently works it's best w/ Pila batteries.

Mine can be overchargeing a little. I am not sure if it is due to the charger, or if I have some resistance in a solder joint. Either way, I don't see much reason to be too concerned about slightly shortening the life of 6 dollar batteries. If I got a dozen charges apiece out of them, they would have saved me 40 bucks or so. I am not sure that the few hundredths of a volt is going to cut that deeply into the life of the battery.

If I am shortening battery life in a large way, please show me the light. Right now, the batteries are not getting warm while chargeing, and I believe the charger I have is signigicantly better than the alternatives in similiar or lower price ranges.

All comments welcome. Thanks.