Does CPF sometimes load very slowly for you?

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Well that's it. The question is: Does CPF sometimes load very slowly for you?

I have a high speed internet and sometimes the forum just crawls when it is loading (as do some others).

So I'm trying to determine if I have a connection problem. If I do, I'll call the provider.

Thanks,

Mike

jezzyp

Enlightened
Occasionally its very slow, but mostly OK.

Yahoo sometimes runs very slow for me and I assume its just net congestion.

Is everything on your net connection slow or is it consistently CPF?

Illum

Flashaholic
unless the thread is chock full of pics [thumbnail or hotlink] it doesn't seem to be an issue:whistle:

the slowness doesn't come at the predicted peak hours but usually close to midnight...I guess thats just how my net provider works

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Over the last week i've noticed it slow every now and again, and 5 or so times now in the past week both marketplace and cpf pages won't load. I have checked, and other forums are quick for me, as well as other internet sites. But I could be having connection problems too, don't know.

Illum

Flashaholic
yesterday I thought CPF actually died

between 12 and 13:30 PM EST nothing could get through, I tried pinging the server and got no response, checked with a couple different computers and used different browsers to log on..nothing, a 404, a server reset and a 504 gateway timeout

so far so good...lets hope its just a hiccup or a bad connection:ohgeez:

DM51

Flashaholic
yesterday I thought CPF actually died

between 12 and 13:30 PM EST nothing could get through, I tried pinging the server and got no response, checked with a couple different computers and used different browsers to log on..nothing, a 404, a server reset and a 504 gateway timeout
Same for me, about 5 times so far in the last few days - twice last Monday. It lasted about 15-20 minutes each time. Has anyone reported this as a problem and had an answer?

DM51

Flashaholic
Happened again to me today, 16.55-17.20 UK time (11.55-12.20 US Eastern, 08.55-09.20 US Pacific).

CPF completely froze up, and wouldn't load any pages. Other websites worked normally.

Did anyone else get the same?

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last 10 days or so it's been very slooooow for me. Sometimes it will not load at all. No problem with other sites. Hmmmm? :thinking:

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Occasionally when I have multiple IE windows open, one of the IE processes running a window will go into a loop or something, and start hogging like 98% of my cpu cycles. When I notice this abnormal slowdown, I check task manager to see if it is IE, and if so I close the window thats hanging things up. Then everything seems back to normal.

DM51

Flashaholic
Total lockout again yesterday (1st Sept) 23.05 UK / 18.05 US Eastern / 15.05 Pacific - duration 20 mins.