Flashlight - GUN

KingGlamis

Banned
Kind of cool. But it concerns me that now a police officer could (should) consider our flashlights as potential guns. I don't see it as being a huge problem, but... :shrug:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you do have to be approved by the ATF to own one....

I love the Atlanta Falcons! I'm sure they'd approve me right away, once they find out what a huge fan I am!

(yuk, yuk)

I believe (I know) these lights, or something similar, have been linked to and discuss previously, although, I kind of thought I remembered them being modified Maglites. So, either, there's another similar product out there made of a modded Mag, or my memory is just slight skewed.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we should steal the design and make a 52mm version in a C cell maglight....Talk about a ROP!

Seriously, the "light" is pretty cool. I was looking at buying a Mont Blanc pen version once... but decided not to go through the hastle.

Dr.K

Enlightened
I made one very similar. But out of a D size mag.

s5000020ea3.jpg

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh oh. Looks like flashlights and pens will end up on the TSA's ban list...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those flashlights guns were a limited production thing years ago. Last I heard the company no longer makes them or even supports them. They're an AOW, so it's ATF and tax stamp time.

Dr. K, what's the design of that like? Seems like a Mag body's an odd thing to use as a host if you're going to the expense of a Form 1. Or are you an SOT?

Dr.K

Enlightened
All legal in my neck of the woods.

I just wanted to see how cheap I could make a durable, viable, suppressor for my 10/22.

If you don't count the 200 buckarooskies for the form 1 stamp, then it cost me about $250 gun included.:D

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I'd hate to wake up in the middle of the night and reach for this flashlight, accidentally hit the wrong button and end up firing the weapon into myself.:oops:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd hate to wake up in the middle of the night and reach for this flashlight, accidentally hit the wrong button and end up firing the weapon into myself.:oops:

In America we practice safe firearm handling. You don't have to be a cop or a soldier to know how it works.

in order to do what you fear would happen you would have to:

-load the firearm with a round in the chamber.

-have the safety off.

-have a loaded firearm in a place where you can accidentally reach thinking it's a flashlight.

-have the said firearm pointed at yourself while doing do.

-mistaken a trigger of a firearms for a button of a light.

-pull the trigger and aim it at your person.

that doesn't sound very safe to me....

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I was referring to the fact that the barrel of the weapon is at the end of the flashlight, so that when you aim the flashlight you're actually pointing the gun at yourself. I jokingly insinuated that an AD(accidental discharge) could inadvertently occur if the wrong button was activated.

csgflashb.jpg

Dr.K

Enlightened
I assure you all that this is a rifle with a silencer, there is absolutely no way to confuse it with a flashlight.

Unless Murphy and his whole batallion showed up I think anyone would be OK.

Very safe if handled correctly.

Besides, it's locked up most of the time anyway.