• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Multi-mode sandwich with AA 1.2 V?

gunga

Flashaholic
Hello, I've been wandering through the board on the SHoppe, still can't find what I'm looking for.

Is there a 0.55 board that can do multimode with a 1.2 V nimh AA?

I'm thinking something a bit like a flupic, but it doesn't have to me programmable.

What do you have that works with 1 AA anyways? I think just Madmax?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I've been wandering through the board on the SHoppe, still can't find what I'm looking for.

Is there a 0.55 board that can do multimode with a 1.2 V nimh AA?

I'm thinking something a bit like a flupic, but it doesn't have to me programmable.

What do you have that works with 1 AA anyways? I think just Madmax?

I don't think there is a multimode 1AA sandwich compatible driver offhand. What makes the flupic a nice simple design is the fact that Vin > Vout and that allows linear controlled regulators which are less components that an inductor based switcher regulator. I do know you can make a Zetex version with a uP on board to get a 1AA driver. I don't have one offhand and have heard someone else made or prototyped one. I don't think it had the connector holes on the board so making a sandwich would require some additional effort.

Madmax is the only driver on the shoppe that will run on a single battery. The Zetex would as well, but, I have only prototyped that design and never made production of it.

Wayne

gunga

Flashaholic
Thanks Wayne!

Maxmax is single mode only right?

I'm curious, many boards are available from various vendors that run multi-mode AA (at around 17 mm tho). Also, many lights are available with multi-mode AA.

Is the lack of a sammie size board due to size restrictions?

(0.55" or 13.97 mm seems too small for all these boards).

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Madmax is infinitely variable brightness. It varies the brightness with battery voltage.:green:

Yes, it is a single level driver.

Correct. Consider the connectors real estate not available for components and the size of the board at 14mm leaves little room for components. The bottom side is where the battery touches so in general very little if any components can be put on the backside.

Wayne

gunga

Flashaholic
Thanks Wayne.

Does the Mad max work with Li-on? Ie, 0.8 - 5 V or so?

BTW, for those who have PM'd me. Thanks for the suggestions!
Those boards are all around 17 mm and have a high stack height. I'm looking for a compact, 14mm or so in diameter with a low stack height.

Want to try an mod a TNC Keylux cannister.