Best drop-in to buy...

firesure

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I've been reading about the various LED drop-ins you can buy, but wondered which one would be the best to buy for my 6p and where to purchase?

jbviau

Enlightened
Did you check the sticky on P60 drop-ins at the top of the page? A good place to start and formulate specific questions...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Supertactical.com looks better than WE for me. But I think I got a dud WE honestly. Tell supertactical about CPF membership and see what happens!:D Q4 WB 1 stage running on 1 17650. 15 Bucks!
IMG_1378.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I agree with the above about Malkoff, however since it's so hard to get to it in time before sellout, I went with the much cheaper option that I could get NOW.
The 1 time I got there in time to really buy one, and didn't have the money.

IcantC

Enlightened
I heard the Bugout Gear Q5 is brighter, if not as bright as the Malkoff.

holden

Newly Enlightened
I have the BOG Q5 and it is WAY brighter than my L5 or U2. I do not have a Malkoff for comparison. Bought another BOG last night.

jbviau

Enlightened
Malkoffs do pop up for sale in the Marketplace every so often. In fact, a little bird told me that someone is going to post one (a Q2 version) later tonight...

kavvika

Enlightened
The DX 1343 Cree Module is a great drop-in to start with, IMO. Fully regulated even with a 3.7V lithium rechargable cell, around 80 lumens out the front, nearly 3 hours of runtime, and only costs $9.87.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm figuring all the drop in's are going to be close in output. I'm looking for durability as I want mine to be used as a weapon light.
I have the host bodies, just need a well built durable unit that can handle heavy recoil.