Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
Some pics for your drooling pleasure...

SF_G3_1S.jpg

SF_G3_2S.jpg

SF_G3_3S.jpg

SF_G3_4S.jpg

CHParkS.jpg

This pocket thrower is good for 400 yards!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I really like your photography - best I've seen of the G3
And I don't believe the G3+KT2-HA gas ever been photographed on CPF before.

Cheers!

Al :)

cat

Enlightened
Some pics for your drooling pleasure...

:eek:oo: I just had my G3 arrive a few minutes before I saw this. I have a HO-9 waiting for it at home (because pts sent me an HO-9 instead of the EO-9), ...but what is the bulb at the right of your photo?
Where can I get the lanyard ring? Is it a SF part?

Yes, good photos. :thumbsup:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Cat I believe the one in the pic is a Surefire Z26 Tailcap Lanyard Ring. You can also get it as part of the Z33, which is the ring as well as the lanyard. Hope that helps :)

cat

Enlightened
Thanks! Seems like I didn't think of it when I ordered the G3, or it wasn't listed. I'll go check now.

DM51

Flashaholic
That is actually a very good idea. I'm using a similar turbo-head set-up but with a Leef Body instead of a G3 one. I have to say that your set-up looks every bit as smart, and one additional bonus is that in cold weather, the G3 body won't feel as cold to the touch as an Al one would. Very nice, and excellent pics too.

What bulb are you using that throws 400 yds?

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like 'em.

cat,
Like lightemup said, the lanyard ring is part of the SF Z33. The bulb in the rightmost of the picture is the LF HO-M3T

DM51,
I agree with you, the G3 feels so good in my hand @ any temp.
I used an LF HO-M3T and 2x AW 17500s to shine on those three buildings.

cat

Enlightened
Thanks. I see, the HO-M3T is the "M version" of the HO-9.
lighthound has Leef lanyard rings that look to be ok but maybe I can find something better, like the ones on the L1.

The G3 I got today is the first non-Al light I've had, and I really like the way it feels. It fits in my pocket ok, too. :D

cat

Enlightened
Funny, we were just talking about it this morning here - how the metal parts didn't really match the Nitrolon. (I just took another look at the photos, though, and it sort of looks ok.) :laughing:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine there would be heat issues with a nitrolon TurboHead :confused: Considering SureFire has changed the bezel of the G2L to aluminium to cope with the heat of the 6PL.

Regards,
Tempest

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine there would be heat issues with a nitrolon TurboHead :confused: Considering SureFire has changed the bezel of the G2L to aluminium to cope with the heat of the 6PL.

Regards,
Tempest

if the G3 can handle a P91, why would a nitrolon turbohead have issues with more mass and a larger reflector? the heat in the G2L kills the LED, not the light.

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good point, clearly too early in the morning for me to start using rational thought :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

DM51

Flashaholic
Funny, we were just talking about it this morning here - how the metal parts didn't really match the Nitrolon. (I just took another look at the photos, though, and it sort of looks ok.) :laughing:
There is a KT2-BK (black) version of that turbohead for those who would prefer matching components, but I must say I do like Paul5M's contrasting version here.