• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph 19 sapphire window question

mfrey

Enlightened
Don,

Are the current Aleph 19 single-side, AR-coated sapphire windows available at the Shoppe coated by Luxar?

I ask because all of the Luxar sales literature seems to indicate that their coating is intended for applications that require intermittent cleaning like storefront windows, but the Shoppe advises that you not even touch the AR-coated side.

Can you confirm who coats the window and with what coating so that I can satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have no idea what material is used for the A/R coating but I doubt it is a coating that has a cleaning mantenance requirement.

mfrey

Enlightened
Sorry, Don. I was under the inpression that you supplied the Aleph 19 windows to the Shoppe and were familiar with their construction.

I guess I misspoke. I meant to say applications that require the option of cleaning the AR coating. In other words, the sales literature indicated the Luxar was tough enough to sustain proper cleaning if necessary.

Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
mfrey,
The shoppe and I do use the same source for some of the sapphire windows but I never could find out from the source what the details on the A/R coating is. My experience with it has been that it is fragile in nature and I avoid touching it with anything. I don't know anything about Luxar but doubt that is the coating if it is recommended that it be cleaned on occasion.