big questions from a soon to be flashaholic Help a Noob

maxpower419

Newly Enlightened
I have been a long time lurker here at cpf, Now that I am pretty much done with knives (I will make exceptions for spyderco :thumbsup:) I am curious about lights. I have a p2d a inova t3, and a surefire e2d.

I am thinking about getting rid of the t3 and the E2d, So I am looking to get 1 or 2 of the following lights. I am looking for a general all around use light, something powerful and versatile. I spend a good deal of time outside, so a lot of throw is definitely something I am looking for. size isnt to much of an issue, as long as it still will fit in my larger pockets.

Here are my considerations

Something from dereelight... will these take the malkoff drop ins (p60) is that even unneccesary? I cant find any information on how many lumens these dereelights produce. I have heard they are the best LED throwers however, is this true?

A modded surefire 6p (malkoff drop in) It seems like other lights in this list might be a more obvious choice, but what do i know im a noob...

a fenix t1

a fenix p3d q5 with 2 or 3 cr123 tac body.

or something from lumapower... maybe the mrv

I am looking to get some gitd tail switches and orings for the above and existing lights...

Do i wait for the r bins to come out?....:shrug:

all feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch guys!

djblank87

Enlightened
I have been a long time lurker here at cpf, Now that I am pretty much done with knives (I will make exceptions for spyderco :thumbsup:) I am curious about lights. I have a p2d a inova t3, and a surefire e2d.

I am thinking about getting rid of the t3 and the E2d, So I am looking to get 1 or 2 of the following lights. I am looking for a general all around use light, something powerful and versatile. I spend a good deal of time outside, so a lot of throw is definitely something I am looking for. size isnt to much of an issue, as long as it still will fit in my larger pockets.

Here are my considerations

Something from dereelight... will these take the malkoff drop ins (p60) is that even unneccesary? I cant find any information on how many lumens these dereelights produce. I have heard they are the best LED throwers however, is this true?

A modded surefire 6p (malkoff drop in) It seems like other lights in this list might be a more obvious choice, but what do i know im a noob...

a fenix t1

a fenix p3d q5 with 2 or 3 cr123 tac body.

or something from lumapower... maybe the mrv

I am looking to get some gitd tail switches and orings for the above and existing lights...

Do i wait for the r bins to come out?....:shrug:

all feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch guys!

:welcome:

The Malkoff M60 will not fit into the Dereelight. The M60 will fit into most Surefire lights that take a P60, most of them.

The better thorwers out there are the Dereelight, Tiablo and Aspheric Mag Mod.

Fenix T-1 Review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2247474#post2247474

I have a few Malkoff M60 Q2's and M60 Q4's and both are very nice items. I run them threw Surefire 6P's and Surefire C2's.

As for the R bins I will let someone else that knows more about them answer

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you want throw in a stock light, the Dereelight DBS with the 2SD module($125 shipped with the 2SD module, but the module will only run on a 3.7v battery) would be what you want. It's the best throwing stock light that I know of.

The P2D should do pretty well for everything else.

:welcome: