Wife getting interested, what now?

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Over the past two weeks, no less than 14 packages from different parts of the world have finally arrived so I can start on my first "real" mod. With four packages of hugely different proportions on the front porch AND the wife found them before me (darn the luck), what I am supposed to tell her? She is beginning to question me directly and is just not walking off like she normally does, I think she wants an answer.

I did quickly slap together a 3C M@glight with a Malkoff C sized drop-in I got from one of the forum members a couple of weeks ago with a UCL on it and stippled reflector.....plan on giving it to her before dinner, kind of an early Christmas present. Sound good?

Help!!

Bob E.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Well, you know, you can't blame her for wondering what's going on :rolleyes:
Describe it is a new money making project, where you buy parts and assemble specialty flashlights for "nuts" out there on this internet forum, who pay crazy money for them! Chuckle and laugh it off as "pretty crazy I know" but then get excited over the possibilities for the extra cash each month you can make. That's what I'd say. Sort of a half truth isn't it? :laughing: :nana: (Don't show too much interest in the lights themselves of course, or else you'll be lumped in with the crazies too!)

DM51

Flashaholic
Lol, she won't like it. It won't fit in her handbag. You'll have to give her something smaller and more feminine, like... oh, I don't know - a SF Beast II, maybe.

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Cydonia, I never even considered the assembling stuff for internet crazy people. That is perfect.

Now, as for the SF Beast II.......won't she need a bigger purse?

Bob E.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need a very, very small mod -- a tiny little battery/board/LED, that can be mounted behind diamonds --- in earrings, for instance.

Call it 'Spark in the Dark' ...

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did quickly slap together a 3C M@glight with a Malkoff C sized drop-in I got from one of the forum members a couple of weeks ago with a UCL on it and stippled reflector.....plan on giving it to her before dinner, kind of an early Christmas present. Sound good?

Help!!

Bob E.

Too big!

You need something small with a bit of flash.
Maybe you should spring for something like a Draco or perhaps the 80 lumen Wee NS for her keychain.