What is diameter of a CR123 cell??

BillG

Newly Enlightened
the reason i ask......wouldn't it make sense for AW...Tenergy et al to make protected rechargeable cells that are the same diameter as a 123 cell. that way the "18650" type cells would fit everybody's LED lights.

right now we are asking the mfg's to bore out the bodies in order to accomodate these type of cells.

Marduke

Flashaholic
16-17mm. Try Google next time...

Also, there are "18650 type cells" for lights which take 2xCR123 but can operate on the lower voltage of 3.7, they are 17670 cells. Approximately the length of two 123's with the same diameter.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
i have 2 protected 17650 cells and neither fits into most of my lights. they only fit into my CPF VB16. for instance, they dont fit into my new Olight T20 or into a Fenix P3d.

that's why i'm wondering why they dont make them so they fit in ALL lights that a CR123 would fit into??

also, i have AW's olde rprotected blue RCR123 cells , and they dont fit either. you would think that the makers of these cells would test them in CR123 lights.

Bill

fa__

Newly Enlightened
For the P3D, try inserting theim by the head and not by the tailcap, it works for mine with sony 17670 (dont know if they are protectec anyway)

mdocod

Flashaholic
Cell sizes have been a standardized thing for YEARS before any of these flashlights hit the market, and you are complaining that the cell doesn't fit the flashlight?!?! You are complaining from the wrong angle. You should be complaining that your flashlight manufacture didn't take into consideration the 18650 sized cell.