When do you replace/recharge batts on your L2D?

Tsarli

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, noob here with a question for veteran L2D users: when do you usually replace/recharge your batteries?

Are there performance indicators which you monitor to let you know when its time for a change/recharge? Or do you do so after a fixed period of time?

I noticed last night that my L2D's turbo mode is now almost equal in power to it's high (not so turbo anymore he he). Is it time for a recharge or should I just let it be for now? At what point should a change/recharge be absolutely necessary?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
yea, that's a good time to top off the batteries.
i am a little anal in topping mine off though.
but that missing turbo mode means the batteries don't have enough power to push the 1.8 a needed for turbo, so the regulator makes high the maximum level. (or something like that)

Kremer

Enlightened
but that missing turbo mode means the batteries don't have enough power to push the 1.8 a needed for turbo, so the regulator makes high the maximum level. (or something like that)

+1 ...just noticed and did that today.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
At what point should a change/recharge be absolutely necessary?

I top-up recharge mine once a week regardless of use. If I use it a lot after a weekend of camping, then I charge it right away after I come back regardless of whether it is dim or still bright.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
i am a little anal in topping mine off though.

yep, thats usually when i top mine off. I'm using hybrid batteries so i don't have to worry about having to recharge even if i haven't used it very much like NIMH's are famous for:candle:

Tsarli

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your suggestions! I think I'll make it a point to recharge after a fixed period of time (1 to 2 weeks?) or when my batteries get real low, like they are now: last night my 2AA MagLED was brighter than my L2D on turbo!

Oh the humanity!!! :eek: