Waiting for the postman...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Every time I see that my package has arrived to my post terminal, I'm like a little child on Christmas. I´m almost sitting by the doors listening for the sound of the door downstairs to open.. :)

I can track the package to the local post office, but every time its the same thing, they dont have it because someone have taken it with them, the idea is that they should deliver it to the door, I have been home every time but have only had the postman knock on my door two times (out of 5-6 times)! I think they dont bother going up the stairs and knock on the door. They just assume Im not home... If im lucky they will put a notice in my mailbox outside. Almost every time I have to wait till the day after to receive a notice that my package has arrived. I usually keep track of my packages so I go and get the package at the post office myself the same day it arrives.

One time the package was marked wrong, it was marked as a business package with home delivery, but since im a private person, they couldnt deliver it, so they had to send it back to the city where they mark arriving international packages (city B)! The city it arrives in are city A, after they have handled it they send it to city B. City A is 90 miles below me, and city B is 80 miles above my city, Im righ ine between! So at first It arrives in city A, sent to city B, then city D which is my city, here they discover that its marked wrong and send it back 80 miles to city B! I was very lucky that time because I called the post office just before the truck should leave, so I could go and get the package myself! Otherwise I would have had to wait for it for two more days! And you all know what its like to wait on your stuff to arrive! :)

Im waiting for the postman to knock on my door right now! :popcorn:

Im hoping they wont let me down this time to! :(

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the postman waiting game all too well!

Luckily for me, my postman hides my packages in a secret location for me to find them. It's very rare I have to hunt down a package.

Good Luck! I hope it comes with no problems.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
...my postman hides my packages in a secret location for me to find them...
My home is at the end of a cul-de-sac, situated below grade with trees and plants next to the door, protecting delivered packages from plain sight view. I have not lost a package to theft yet!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
The postman (postwoman) did knock on my door!

What´s even more annoying than not getting your package smoothly, is getting your package and discover that something is wrong with the stuff you ordered! :mad:

DieselTech

Enlightened
I've had good fortune with the USPS. They leave the box either inside my mailbox, or drive up my 1.5~ mile driveway to leave it on the porch.

I have, however, had several other delivery companies call me to explain "Sir, we cant find your house. You need to come pick this up at our terminal."

Go post office!

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
My postman is pretty accommodating. When I know I'm expecting a package I let him know and usually meet him somewhere along the route and pick it up early.

jugg2

Enlightened
I have a P.O. Box so I go pick them up myself. I am waiting on several items right now. Hopefully at least one will come in tomorrow. AW's lith-ions are no fun without lamps for them to run...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
A lot of you seems to have the same post guy delivering your packages? I have several different. If I had the same guy/gal delivering my post, I probably would get to know that person better, and he/she would help me out a bit more than they do now. Everything works fine as it is, I have never lost an expensive package yet! (knock on wood). But sometimes its a struggle to get hold of the stuff, just because im to eager to get it! :)
It would be nicer to get to know the guy, and have him place the packages somewhere for me to pick up or something like that.

I guess a lot of you guys on this forum are well acquainted with your postmen!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm supposed to get replacement lights from ZebraLight, via EMS, in a couple days. Never used them before. Do they put packages in mailbox or doorstep, or must you be there to sign for them? Thanks.

Geoff

Edit:
I think I just got my own answer. Apparently the USPS handles things at this end.

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 SureFire shaped packages today :green:

Good exercise for the postman...

Regards,
Tempest

jugg2

Enlightened
At my post office, If you are not there by 11:30 AM there is no guarantee (sp) that the post man will be there. He has been known to take a lunch break at 11:30 and not come back till 2:30-3:00.