Hmmmm, which knives are these?

cutlerylover

Banned
Hey guys...I made an impulse purchase on ebay yesterday, and now I am trying to figure otu what I bought, lol...there is no additional information on these knives, only the pictures, the seller is an ebay store so they couldn't help me figure it out as everything was already packed up and ready to be shipped by the time I asked...So...if you see a knife with a number and you think you might know what it is, please post your thoguhts...I already placed an X over the ones I already know...Thanks in advance for any help!

G2SM20a7f3ba-81e5-40a3-8a56-451e603.jpg

G2SM28a4a335-a99d-4752-a2c1-d2ce36b.jpg

G2SMb04f0c16-c193-407a-aab9-e6402fa.jpg

jds009

Enlightened
Hey buddy well i rememebr having #1 & 7 a long time ago, they got broke in the creek along time ago...dont know what they were but they were gas station knives if ya know hwat i mean

the one right below #10 doesnt have a number but it looks like a crkt

cutlerylover

Banned
ok, thansk for your thoughts! I figure #1 and #2 are cheapos...just not sure what exactly...I have no idea what #3 is, and #4 and $5 are a crap shoot, could be nice, could be crap...I really got this lot for the folders though...

cutlerylover

Banned
Thats a pretty tight knife!:eek: you might like that one more than the leek,:duh2: thats an expensive knife too, never heard of timberline though...are they new?

Not new just not that popular...although most of their line is relatively cheap...here is a link to some of their stuff sold online...

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Timberline Knives&srch=eqCATE CODEdatarq=tm

I have seen their folders before, but not this model, from what I read it came out in 2000-2001 and being that it was a new model when speed assisted knives were comming on the scene it was like $80 - $90 new...the one on ebay is priced at $140 buy it now because that is what the seller thinks its worth beign that its not made anymore, and an older model harder to find...but its really worth whatever is willing to pay for it...lol...But if I were to buy it I woudl spedn the original $80 or so, not much more...but thats just me...

cutlerylover

Banned
Ok, well I got the knives today, some I were dissapointed in as expected, but some suprised me...Here is the list of what I could not figure out from lookign at the pics in case anyone was curious...
1) Master cutlery knife...feels horrible as you could imagine..total crap!
2) Maxam knife...also crap...
3) No name but definatly feel like a pakastani special, lol...
4) same as number 3...
5) This one surpised me...it feels really nice and looks nice as well...the tang is marked "American Heritage VFO" on the front, and on the back "Precise 440 Stainless Japan" Now this one has a great fit and finish, anyone know anythgin about American Heritage VFO? Ill have to look this one up sometime...
6) This one turned out to be a Timberline Discovery knife, but only a bit used...Action is suprisingly smooth as what sets this apart from other assisted openign knives is the very little resistance in closing the knife...super fast too...interesting knife!
7) This is a no name cheapo, but resembles a william henry model...
8) master cutlery...another pos...
9) cheap fury folder...solid knife, but cheap material and contruction used...
10) CRKT bladelock...very cool design, solid knife..I like it, needs to eb cleaned though...
11) Cheap crappy auto...
most of the knives are like new though, except like 2 or 3 that are really used...and that leek turned out to be a copy...but overally I am happy, I will sell a bunhc of these as a lot soon and keep a few...

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 looks like a Smith & Wesson -- the kind that comes in a blister packaged combo pack with a S&M multitool, and sometimes goes on sale at Big 5 for $19.99 (for the combo pack). (I bought a couple of 'em for gifts.) The only thing is, it doesn't come with that type of leather looking sheath, it comes with a ballistic nylon case that looks like the one that the knife to the left of it is sitting on.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a mistake, #3 doesn't look like a Smith & Wesson, it looks like a Winchester. I took a look at mine, earlier today.

cutlerylover

Banned
I made a mistake, #3 doesn't look like a Smith & Wesson, it looks like a Winchester. I took a look at mine, earlier today.

#3 is a no name knife, the design might be similar to a smith and wesson or a winchester, but it definatly does not have any markings what so ever...So who knows...Althoguh usually crap knives from pakistan bear the word pakistan on it somewhere...which this lacks...

Last edited: