• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

My first McGizmo... (PIC Heavy)

Bkultra

Newly Enlightened
Here are a few pics of my first McGizmo, well first quality flashlight of any kind really. All the pictures were taken by Eric (from USN)...

tipdsshark1rb5.jpg

tipdsshark2bt4.jpg

tipdsshark3jy5.jpg

tipdsshark4au8.jpg

tipdsshark5cx2.jpg

tipdsshark6zq8.jpg

tipdsshark7de1.jpg

tipdsshark8ky7.jpg

tipdsshark9ax4.jpg

tipdsshark9azn3.jpg

tipdsshark9bbr1.jpg

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Its a Taser from Taser Internation. Check out taser.com for a full line. That is a pretty high end model as well, very nice. Oh yeah, nice score for your first flashlight. You'll be spoiled now for sure as that one is quite a beauty.

paulr

Flashaholic
Excellent choice of the ti mule as 1st light. Nice photography too. :thumbsup:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't carry a better tool . Don't be afraid to use it because it's bullet proof!!
P.S. The Holester pounds off the package!
Good choice!
:twothumbs

paulr

Flashaholic
That's not a Mule. :D It is an excellent choice though!

schiesz

Aha, PD-S. Another excellent choice, probably the most versatile of these designs but in some ways a "safer" pick and therefore less of a bold statement than starting out with a Mule ;). Me, I just love that Mule flood beam.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I've only got the HA-nat version but someday I intend to get the titanium version also.

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
Its a Taser from Taser Internation. Check out taser.com for a full line. That is a pretty high end model as well, very nice. Oh yeah, nice score for your first flashlight. You'll be spoiled now for sure as that one is quite a beauty.

my cop friend has a taser that looks like that. i don't think we can own those in california. His leaves little paper numbers everywhere each time he fires one off.

Edwood

Enlightened
my cop friend has a taser that looks like that. i don't think we can own those in california. His leaves little paper numbers everywhere each time he fires one off.

Tasers are legal to carry without a permit in California.

-Ed

JohnTz

Enlightened
Is that flashlight readily available? Also what kind of holster is that. I want the exact same setup I think. I can't figure out the different setups at the sandwich shope. Did you have to special order that somehow?

Sorry if these are trivial questions. I am a newbie and am trying to figure out all the choices.

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

A McGizmo creation is as good a place to start your flashaholism as anywhere. The light is a McLuxIII-Ti-PD-S and as far as I know Don has no more plans to make any. There are some that are offered for sale from time to time on the Custom and Mod Buy / Sell / Trade forum from other CPF members. You can search past threads to see some of those that were up for sale.

The holester is by Matt of Art of the Hide (Google it). I just got my first one in shark skin last week and love it.

Happy hunting, if you are like the rest of us in no time you will be :broke:

JohnTz

Enlightened
Brightboy thanks for the rreply and welcome. I have been studying the shoppe options and itr seems that there are some lights available. Any comments on those? For example the A19 Cree XR-E seems to be available and looks cool but I want to make sure it is a latest tech light. Ill start using the search function allot before I spend 230 bucks.

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
Brightboy thanks for the rreply and welcome. I have been studying the shoppe options and itr seems that there are some lights available. Any comments on those? For example the A19 Cree XR-E seems to be available and looks cool but I want to make sure it is a latest tech light. Ill start using the search function allot before I spend 230 bucks.

There is a difference in lights between what is offered at the S. Shoppe (Alephs, HD45s, and McLuxIII 27LTs) and what Don offered in the past and now offers in his "waves."

The light in this thread, McLuxIII Ti-PD-S, cannot be purchased from the Shoppe. It typically sells in the $500-$600 range. The price it commands is reflective of such factors as its composition type (Titanium), limited production, limited availability, durability, coolness, etc...

The A19 is a great light with a lot of versatility, some may consider it a poor man's PD.

I am not sure if the Aleph 19 you mentioned above will fit in Matt's PD holester. You can contact him and ask him if that is what you are after.

Another source of leather holsters for lights is CPF member Kazu. He has a thread in the Custom & Mod B/S/T forum.

Last edited:

JohnTz

Enlightened
Brightboy thanks for the response again.

Would that holster work with the Alep Mule that the shoppe sells? I ordered one of those mules today.

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
You can contact Matt at www.artofthehide.com and ask him. He use to make a holester for the Ti-PD-Mule that was smaller than the regular PD-S holester. I don't know if the regular PD holester will fit an Aleph mule. His email address can be found on his site.

Good score on the Mule. :twothumbs It may take a bit getting use to - it took me a while to appreciate the floody illumination that a mule provides.