• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Two headed Monster

Yota

Newly Enlightened
The two headed monster. One body,two heads! They both came from Don. One is a pd-s. the other is a S27. If you could have only one which would it be and why? Sorry Iam new to taking and posting photo's.

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
ive owned a al-pd, ti-pd, ti pd-s, and a ti s27, out of all of them the most useable was the ti pd-s, but i would have loved it just the same in aluminium. the 20mm reflector is great for what those lights are driven at (25/525ma) that light isnt bright enough to make use of the 27mm reflector, and also it makes the light a tad awkward, whereas the pd-s is pretty much the perfect size, also the surefire beamshapers fit it perfectly, get an F04 and keep the pd-s.

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
The PD-S is probably a better overall choice, but it depends on what you want your light to do. I have a Ti S27-PD running at 750mA. I prefer it over a PD-S even though it does have a bigger head and uses batteries a bit quicker. The clincher for me is that I like the way it throws for a small single cell light.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I was visualizing a body with a McGizmo head at each end.

two-headed-monster.jpg

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also tend to agree. I love the 27mm reflector but the beam advantage when compared to a stock PD just isn't large enough to justify the extra bulk of the larger head.
They sure look pretty though.
Yaesumofo

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer a PD-S in the city and an S27 (in combination with a Mule) in the country/woods.