• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I Am So Glad That I Have A Ti PD-S

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially now that there is no imminent supply of new ones on the horizon! I panicked when I lost mine in November '07 and I look at the one that replaced my lost one every day and think...

... I am so glad I have a Ti PD-S.

I carry it often and it never, ever disappoints me!

I have owned the S27 and the XR19-C and these are beatiful lights that perform marvelously but for me, the Ti PD-S is the foundation for McGizmo lights that the others rest upon.

By the way... in case you were wondering, it is a fat tail fatty Ti PD-S;)

Scottiver

Enlightened
Yep, I use my Ti PD-S everyday. If I could keep only one light, this would be it. For me it has the perfect combination of throw, flood and tint. And love the one hand two stage twisty.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all true - I have some genuinely nice lights but the TiPD-S somehow manages to stand head and shoulders above the rest as a beautifully crafted, perfectly designed and flawlessly functional all-rounder.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, almost. I have a Ti XR19, and I love it. The PD-S might be sightly better just because its a bit shorter, and I typically think things should be as small as possible.

schiesz

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small, practical, handsome, useful low, respectable high, user friendly....these are some of the goodness that associates with a PD-s. Since acquiring a Ha-Nat from Tx, it and the Mule is the preferred edc and has seen most action...

loveit

Enlightened
I loved my PD-S aluminium until someone took it out of my desk at work.

:thumbsdow

It was my favorite light! I am now searching for one with no luck. The PD-S design is my favorite by far!

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
I loved my PD-S aluminium until someone took it out of my desk at work.

:thumbsdow

It was my favorite light! I am now searching for one with no luck. The PD-S design is my favorite by far!

Sorry to hear of the loss of your PD, loveit. It really sucks to have such a gem stolen.

At least you didn't abandon it in a bathroom in a Georgia mall! :poke:

Keep your eyes peeled in the Custom and Mod B/S/T forum - they do appear there from time to time.

loveit

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words, Brightboy! I look many times a day, each day when I can at the BST customs. I just missed one the other day, too. Someday I hope to get another!

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both, and the XR19C fits my hand a little better.
That was my first McGizmo, and I keep coming back to it.

When the first PD-S arrived in the mail I was surprised how small it was and a little disappointed, as I thought a larger light would fit my hand better - this started the hunt for a C-Pac.

It took me a while to get one and form a TiS20-C:thinking: (Kiessling?) but now, after using the PD for so long, putting on a C-Pac makes it feel too large! Go figure:ohgeez::eek: .

I put the TiPD-S down as my favourite light in another thread - but hell it could even be my favourite object full stop:twothumbs

Loveit - sorry to hear some @?*& pinched your light:scowl: Follow Goat into enough rest rooms and I'm sure you pick one up soon enough:D.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddly enough I'm glad I sold my Ti PD-S (Although I should of asked for more $)

When push came to shove I always ended up reaching for the SSC modded HDS EDC. Which was brighter, dimmer, and had levels in between. And much more replaceable.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddly enough I'm glad I sold my Ti PD-S (Although I should of asked for more $)

When push came to shove I always ended up reaching for the SSC modded HDS EDC. Which was brighter, dimmer, and had levels in between. And much more replaceable.

cave dave - this is an interesting statement. I love both my Milky P4 HDS and the PD-S, and have bounced between them as a cool EDC. .

My conclusion is that the HDS is my second favourite and a natural backup to the TiPD-S - I don't mean to argue BUT..............to me:

The HDS has all the flexibility you have stated, however I think the PD-S is brighter, and runs longer at the highest setting, whilst providing a useful and long running low setting. The HDS has a better (floodier) indoor light but I think the PD-S is a marginally better outdoor light.

If I was stuck indoors I could live with a little bit too much throw, as provided by the PD, but outdoors it is tough to get by with not enough throw if you only have a HDS.

The HDS is my bedside light so I probably have reached for it more times than the PD-S. However I carry an EDC for those times when I really need a light and I hope the one I have with me is the PD-S.

I also feel "safer" with the twisty kiss format of the PD rather than the amzingly responsive and tactile switch of the HDS.

I appreciate these are fairly marginal observations and both lights rock.

With respect, and interested in your response,
Hodsta:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I favor my Ti-27Cx2 for outside lighting and my Ti-Mule for inside, it's my Ti-PD-S that is always in my pocket. Simply put, it is the best all-around light that I own.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
With respect, and interested in your response,
Hodsta:thumbsup:

I had/have no intention of bashing the Ti PD. Everybody's needs preferences are different. In my case I felt like Goldilocks when using the PD. I would pick it up and Low would be too low and High too high, I would want something in the middle so I'd grab the HDS.

PS: Ti-PD = Best Clip ever :thumbsup:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had/have no intention of bashing the Ti PD. Everybody's needs preferences are different. In my case I felt like Goldilocks when using the PD. I would pick it up and Low would be too low and High too high, I would want something in the middle so I'd grab the HDS.

PS: Ti-PD = Best Clip ever :thumbsup:

Cave,

Not for one minute did I see your post as a bash, that's why I was so interested in your opinion. The Goldilocks ref. is a good one and outdoors the TiPD-S is "just right" for me but obviously not for others.

As they say, to each his own.

I hear you about the clip - it rocks, I expect it is the only part that Don now makes, he's far too busy surfing and taking pics of big fish, turtles and finches, I expect he's outsourced the rest:nana:! (NOT TRUE BTW!)

:twothumbs