• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Assembling parts

CameronReddy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm obviously new here and I have received some component parts from the Shoppe that I need to assemble.

Everything pretty much went into place, but things seem to be a bit tight (crowded might be a better word) in the head.

That is, the bezel does not want to quite screw all the way in (seems a full turn or more short of becoming flush with the head).

At the other end, the head does not want to thread all the way onto the battery tube (it looks like it needs another half a turn to tighten down on the O-ring).

As My Cousin Vinny said, "maybe I didn't turn it hard enough."

The light operates just fine. It just doesn't look to be sealed up.

Help?

Cameron

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! I live in Brighton, only about 15-20 minutes away! Anyway What head and components are you using? I'll try to help you if I can.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it would help to specify what parts are you talking about... If its an Aleph system the gap in the bezel is normal, its the window thats too thick. You can try a "normal" thin mineral glass window and you should c some imrpovement. I just put a GITD oring on the gap and forget about it. The light engine on the other hand is another subjet , but until you let us know what exact parts are you using , we cant address the problem properly..

CameronReddy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks for the help!

Wow, Brighton! That is close! I'd love the help!

This was the relevant part of my order:

2 x McTC Tailcap with McClicky Switch -Black
1 x Aleph 19 Head Kit-Black
- Change Reflector: McR 19XR
2 x Aleph 1X123 Power pack-Black
1 x Aleph GDuP CREE LE (3 level driver)
1 x Aleph Mule GDuP CREE Head Black only

Thanks again!

Cameron Reddy

Ms_SS

Enlightened
If you are assembling the Aleph 19 head do the following:

Insert o-ring inside the head from the top. Then place the lens inward with the peel away tab on the outside. Screw in the bezel ring. There might be a gap, fingernail thickness or less. Insert the reflector, screw in the LE. The base of the can should be flush with bottom of the head.

Put o-rings on the power pack, #15 at tail end, #17 at head end. (the o-rings are inside the tube) Insert battery. Screw head on. Screw on the McTC with McClicky.

Screw the Mule head with LE onto the power pack with o-rings and battery, Screw that onto the McTC with McClicky.

Now you should have 2 complete GDuP lights!

Cindy

Last edited:

CameronReddy

Newly Enlightened
Got it Cindy! Woo Hoo! Excellent. The gaps are gone... well, fingernail at the bezel. I had the O-ring inside the head on the wrong side of the lens.

Only mistake of consequence is I had guessed wrongly on which side of the lens had the AR coating... which of course is now scratched up a bit from riding around in my pocket.:hairpull::hairpull: I hate it when that happens!

Anyway, I love the lights. Wow are they different... so different I now want both capabilities in one light!:welcome: So... welcome to CPF... right?

Now I just have to learn how to operate the programming:stupid:

Thanks,

Cameron Reddy

Last edited:

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Welcome Cameron! I am glad you got your lights assembled.

Last edited:

JohnTz

Enlightened
If you are assembling the Aleph 19 head do the following:

Insert o-ring inside the head from the top. Then place the lens inward with the peel away tab on the outside. Screw in the bezel ring. There might be a gap, fingernail thickness or less. Insert the reflector, screw in the LE. The base of the can should be flush with bottom of the head.

Put o-rings on the power pack, #15 at tail end, #17 at head end. (the o-rings are inside the tube) Insert battery. Screw head on. Screw on the McTC with McClicky.

Screw the Mule head with LE onto the power pack with o-rings and battery, Screw that onto the McTC with McClicky.

Now you should have 2 complete GDuP lights!

Cindy

Cindy is there a danger of the Cree leads of the GDup shorting out against the metal reflector when the LE is screwed in?

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Wayne says to keep the leads short in length to prevent shorting to the reflector.