New E1l Outdoorsman True Runtimes

CaptainD

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about getting one of the new e1l outdoorsman lights with the 3/45 lumen modes. The specs say 8.5 hours on high and 48 hours on low.Is this true??. I would be satisfied with around 4 hours on high.I went to the seach section but kept getting info. on the old single mode e1l.I see were most dealers are selling them for $ 99.00 . Just wondered if most were satisfied with them and what expected run times you can get with primary 123 batteries. Thanks for any information. David

Norm

Retired Administrator
Just a quick suggestion I came here thinking I was going to find out what the true runtime of the E1L outdoorsman, perhaps your thread title would be clearer if you asked "What is the true runtime of the E1L outdoorsman?", or even just added a ? at the end, picky I know but lots of thread titles here are misleading. I don't want you to think this is aimed just at you David. ;)
Cheers Norm

Last edited:

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran my Cree E1L 1st generation 30 lumen SF on a LifePO4 3.0v RCR and achieved 5 hours. After 5 hours it started to flicker. Take into consideration it was an RCR123A. You will achieve longer runtimes with a primary. I would bet it would be darn close to 10 hours and 8.5 hours with the dual output E1L.

With about 48 hours runtime with the dual output E1L on 3 lumens low, I would doubt you will need a spare light or four.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 1-level Cree Surefire E1L draws 198 mA from the battery. Perhaps someone will measure the current drain on the high intensity setting of their new 2-level E1L so we can compare notes.

CaptainD

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the confusion on the heading for my original post. This sounds like a very good runtime on the Cree e1l. I already had a e1e and decided to just order the KX1 Cree conversion head for mine. Thanks again for the imput. David

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about getting one of the new e1l outdoorsman lights with the 3/45 lumen modes. The specs say 8.5 hours on high and 48 hours on low.Is this true??. ..

Surefire catalog says:
45lm for 4 hr
3lm for 40hr

Surefire does not always state "regulated" runtimes in their specs though, some times its useful light (down to one lumen). They are very inconsistent in this regard.